Chapter 99: Deciding What To Do

SmackDown: August 15, 2014

"Summer defeating Cameron here on SmackDown, and look at her celebrate," Michael says as Summer starts to dance around the ring.

"And why shouldn't she celebrate, Michael," JBL asks. "She got the best of Randi last Monday, and tonight she beats Cameron. That girl should be allowed to dance. You go, Summer."

"I don't know about getting the best of Randi but," the crowd starts to cheer, "wait a minute! Speaking of Randi, and there she is!"

I run down the ramp and slide in the ring.

"Run Summer," is what JBL yells right before I HOH her. I stand up and motion for the crowd to get louder as I stare down at Summer with a smile. I nudge her with my foot. Yep, she's limp.

I bend down close to her ear, knowing she can still hear me. "If you ever even think about putting your hands on me again, I will make your life a living hell."

I exit the ring with my head held high, feeling a tinge of enjoyment for getting one over on her.

"Randi walks away feeling victorious, but will that be the case this Sunday at SummerSlam?"

I get backstage, and start chugging down a bottle of water. I was still so angry at everything that had happened on RAW. I was stupid to turn my back on Triple H for even one second.

But bringing in Summer to distract me was smart. Triple H was a crafty son of a bitch.

"Hey babe," Dolph says, coming up beside me.

"Hey," I say, nonchalantly, and start walking away.

"You're still ignoring me," he says, catching up to me.

"I'm not ignoring you," I say with a shrug.

He steps in front of me, grabbing my shoulders to keep me from walking. "Yes, you are." I look up at the ceiling. "Babe, look at me."

I sigh before turning my attention to his. "What is it, Dolph?"

He releases my shoulders when he's sure I won't leave. "I'm sorry about what I said last week, but you have to understand that I don't want you to get hurt. Triple H, he's The Game, and compared to you he's also a monster. I need you to realize that."

"Oh, I do realize it. But I also don't care. Look Dolph, I've got nothing to lose alright?"

He sighs as he looks at the floor. "Alright, but I just wish you wouldn't jump into situations like that."

"Well, there's no stopping me." This was going to be undoubtedly the biggest fight of my life, and I couldn't back out.

I wouldn't.

Dolph brings his gaze back up to me with a small smirk. "So are we cool?"

I chuckle. "We're always cool."

"That's my babe." He pulls me into a hug, and I nuzzle my face in his chest. I hear someone clear their throat and I pull away. Dolph moves to stand beside me, and Randy stands across from us.

I don't say anything as I just stare at him. I hadn't told Dolph about what had happened, but I'm pretty sure he could sense the awkwardness.

"Um, I'm going to give you guys a moment alone." I try to communicate with Dolph through eye contact, hoping he won't leave me, but he raises his eyebrows before turning on his heels and leaving.

I sigh as I turn back to Randy. Instead of asking him what he wants, I just stare at him.

"Randi," he says, taking cautious steps toward me. "I ju-"

I cut him off with a slap to his face, which makes his head turn with impact.

"How could you," I ask, unable to hold back my emotions any longer. "First you do a background check on me, and now this? Hooking up with Summer, and who knows who else? I cared about you, I really did Randy. And I know I was in a coma for 10 months, but that doesn't mean you ha-," I'm cut off when he grabs me and pulls me to him, crashing his lips to mine and wrapping his arms tightly around my body.

For a moment, I kiss back, then when I think of him and that blonde devil, I pull away, and slap him again.

His jaw clenches and he rubs it, shaking his head as he stares at me. "You're killing me here, Randi."

"Why would you kiss me when you know you're with Summer?"

He sighs and looks me in the eyes. "I'm not with her," he says simply.

"Don't lie to me. She was in your locker room with you. She," he cuts me off.

"Wanted to use my shower because the ones in the Divas' locker room was full. She just wanted to make you jealous." He grabs my hands in his. "I promise that is all that happened that night."

I don't break my gaze. "Maybe that's true, but you did hook up with her at one point, didn't you?"

The shame is evident on his face, as he shakes his head. "Yes, but she's the only one I ever hooked up with, and we never dated. All I ever wanted was you, and that's still true."

I chuckle slightly, as I remove my hands from his. If what he was saying was true, he would have never been with Summer in the first place. "Randy, we aren't going to work."

"Randi," he starts.

I hold up a finger. "No, just stop. It's fine." I lay my hand gently on his cheek. "Maybe in another life, we would've worked. But not in this one." I move my hand and start backing away. "I'll see you around." I turn and leave, and he doesn't try to stop me.

There's a lump in my throat as I continue to walk away, but I don't turn around, because there's a small part of me that feels as if I'm doing the right thing.

And being able to walk away from him, no matter how heart-wrenching it may be, makes me feel stronger than I've ever been.