Chapter 73: Watch Your Back

I ducked Natalya's spinning discus clothesline, and hit her with a super kick to the ribs. She doubled over and I took the opportunity.

I bounced off the ropes and hit her with a Fameasser, then roll her over for the cover.

1!

2!

3!

My theme music hits as I roll off of Natalya.

"And the winner of this match, the Diva's Champion, Randi Jacobs!"

The ref hands me back my title and raises my hand.

"Randi making short work of Natalya," Michael says.

"Yeah, but was it just me or did Randi seem a little bit off?" Jerry asks.

I don't even get on the top turnbuckle to celebrate. I put my title on my shoulder then take the steps out of the ring.

"Maybe she's upset her boyfriend lost to that goat faced weirdo," JBL says.

American...Dream.

I stop and look up when I hear the music and cowbell. Dusty Rhodes comes out to a huge ovation from the crowd.

"Ladies and gentleman," Michael says, happily, "Dusty Rhodes has arrived."

I smile and put my title down, clapping for him as he makes his way down the ramp.

This man was a legend.

He stops in front of me. "Randi Jacobs," he says in that Texan lisp of his. He stretches his arms out for a hug. I accept it. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Me? It's a pleasure to meet you." I pull away, "I'm sorry about Cody."

Cody Rhodes, Dusty's son, had gotten fired a while back by Triple H, because he hadn't gotten an invitation to Cody's wedding. And his other son, Goldust, the oldest, had fought valiantly to try and get it back, but he failed also.

He nods. "Don't worry about it, because I'll be getting my son's job back in a matter of minutes." He started to walk past me, but I stopped him.

"Watch your back, Dusty. They can't be trusted." He looked me in the eye and nodded, and I knew he knew who I was talking about.

I let him continue to the ring. I picked up my title, and headed up the ramp. When I made it to the top of the stage, that awful theme music hit.

Welcome to the Queendom...

Out came walking Stephanie McMahon, a huge smile on her face. She stopped when she came to me and I stared her straight in the eyes, not intimidated.

I think she was, however. It wasn't everyday she met a chick who could give her back those crazy eyes.

Her smile quickly turned into a scowl as she looked me up and down. "Congratulations on your win last night."

I look her up and down too, before meeting her eyes again. I smirk, "Thanks. Did you expect anything less?" I brush past her without another word. I wasn't going to let her mess with my head, like she did with Randy.

I'm going to go backstage and watch her segment with Dusty, and if she tries to screw him over...I was gonna be there.

------------------------------------------------------------

Stephanie was a cold-hearted woman. She went out there and tried to make Dusty choose which son would get his job back. How can you make a man choose between his two son, whom he loved both equally?

But, Dusty being Dusty, puts her in her place.

"Stephanie, you can go straight to Hell!"

Me and Dolph laughed our butts off as we watched near the gorilla. That laughing stopped when she called The Shield down to the ring to beat him up.

As they surrounded Dusty, steel chairs in hand, she held up a finger, for them to stop. She then called out Big Show, who had been at her beck and call for a few weeks.

For some reason, he was her little puppet now and if he disobeyed at all, he would get fired. Speaking of getting fired, that's what she said she would do to Show if he didn't knock out Dusty Rhodes.

She could make Show do whatever she wanted him to do, but knocking out an innocent old man was crossing the line.

Dolph tried to stop me, but I ran through the curtain and out into the arena without a second thought.

"You guys," Michael said, as I ran down the ramp and the crowd cheered, "it's Randi!"

I slid into the ring and walked right past Stephanie to stand in between Big Show and Dusty. I faced The World's Largest Athlete. "Show, you don't have to do this. Please, think about his sons. His wife."

"Show don't listen to her," Stephanie said. "Knock him out, now, or you're fired."

Big Show looked down at me. I grabbed his fist and looked him in the eyes. "Please." He stared at me for another moment, tears welling up in his eyes, and nodded. I smiled and moved out of the way.

He walked over to Dusty and hugged him, then whispered, "I'm so sorry" in his ear.

Sorry for what?

"Oh my god," Michael exclaimed, when Big Show knocked out Dusty anyway.

My eyes widened and I put a hand to my mouth as I looked down at Dusty, laying lifeless on the ring floor. The Shield retreated, and Big Show left crying. Good, you should feel bad.

I dropped down to check Dusty's pulse to make sure he was still alive. He was. "Help! We need a doctor in here!" I yelled, hoping they would hurry and get him to the hospital. He was in his 60s. So fragile.

I patted his cheek. "Don't worry Dusty, everything is going to be ok." I tried not to let any tears fall. I was a softie when it came to old people. "Hurry!"

I was still on my knees, whispering reassuring words to Dusty, when Doc slid in the ring with EMTs and put Dusty on a platform. A stretcher was rolled down to the ring and they hooked him up to it.

I looked up to see a smirking Stephanie. In that moment, I never wanted to punch someone more than I did her. I stood up and marched over to get in her face.

My fists clenched at my sides to prevent myself from doing something stupid. "What's your problem?" I yelled at her. "He's a 67-year old man!"

She looked at me with raised eyebrows then scrunched up her nose as if she had taken a step in dog poop. "You watch your tone when you're talking to me. I am one of the Principle Owners of this place. Show some respect."

I let out a desperate laugh, and look at Dusty being wheeled up the ramp and backstage. I turn back to Stephanie and nod towards Dusty. "Did you?"

I slide out of the ring and hurry backstage to check on him.

Nobody says anything. Well, accept JBL. "Don't cross the boss."

No. The "boss" was going to learn...don't cross the champion.