Chapter 74: Crossing the Line

I hold Dusty's hand as he's wheeled to the ambulance in the arena parking lot. "Don't worry, everything is gonna be ok. You're going to the hospital, and they are going to help you."

I let go as they load him in. "Ma'am," a paramedic tells me. "I'm going to need you to take some steps back."

I shake my head at her, "No, I'm riding with him." I make a move to get inside, but she blocks me.

"I'm afraid you can't ride. Family only. Take some steps back."

I look at her with a scowl, then take a step closer. "Oh yeah? Who's gonna make me?"

Arms wrap around my waist and pull me back a few feet. The paramedic gives me one last look before hopping in the ambulance and shutting the doors. The flashing lights and sound are turned on, before they pull off.

I push Dolph's arms off of me then turn around to look at him. "Give me your keys," I say, holding my hand out.

"My keys...why?"

I point towards where the ambulance was a second ago. "So I can go to the hospital."

"What about the show?"

I let out an exasperated breath, "Dolph, I don't give a crap about this show right now. So give me your damn keys so I can go to the damn hospital."

Dolph shakes his head. "Randi, I agree, it's sad what happened to Dusty, but you don't even know the man."

I ignore him and start walking away.

"Where are you going," he yells after me.

I keep walking. A hand is on my arm, and I'm turned to face Dolph. "You're not walking to the hospital."

"And you're not the boss of me." I snatch my arm away from him. "How could you say that? It doesn't matter if I know him, all that matters is that he's okay, and somebody is there to explain what happened to him." I turn around and continue walking.

It occurred to me that I didn't even know what hospital to go to. I probably should've read the side of that ambulance, but nooo. I was too busy threatening the paramedic.

Dolph appears in front of me. "I didn't mean it like that. Listen, that paramedic, she wouldn't let you in the ambulance, right? So, what makes you think you'll be able to get into the hospital room?"

I let out a sigh and put my face in my hands as Dolph continues. "I know you're upset, but babe, you've gotta think for a second. Threatening paramedics and charm isn't going to work. You have no relation to him, whatsoever. They won't let you in."

Dolph wraps an arm around me, but I shake it off and look at him. "Dolph you don't understand. This is my fault. I wasn't able to convince Show to stop, and he knocked out Dusty."

Dolph holds up his hands, "Woah, woah, woah, stop. Dusty getting knocked out is not your fault for two reasons. One, he was gonna be knocked out by Show or beaten by The Shield either way, and two...Stephanie McMahon. That was her doing. She's cold, heartless, and everything has to revolve around her. She's the reason Dusty is headed to the hospital, not you."

I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"Understand Randi? You are not the reason."

I open my eyes and nod. I pat Dolph on the shoulder.  "Thank you Dolph, for your reassuring words."

I turn around, and start walking back to the arena. "What are you about to do?" Dolph asks suspiciously, as he falls into step beside me.

"Well," I say, as I keep walking. "I'm gonna go back to our locker room, and rest for a few minutes, you know, think some things over. Then I'm gonna go kick Stephanie McMahon's ass. And who knows? Maybe I'll have time to kick her husband's too." I was sick of their crap.

Dolph grabs me around my arm to stop me. "You can't do that, she's the boss."

"And Dusty is an elder. That didn't matter to her."

Dolph looks behind him and then pulls me off to the side. "Randi, you know I'm all for that idea, but since you're my best friend, and I love you, I don't want you to get fired. What you need to do is take a nice hot shower, to get your mind off things, then watch the rest of the show, from the locker room."

I let out a sigh. "Ugh, fine. You win, ok? I'll go back to the locker room."

Dolph nods, "I'll go get you a snack or something." He kisses me on the forehead and I watch as he makes his way to catering.

When I get to the locker room, Renee is standing outside the door. The cameras turn to me and Renee comes over with a microphone. "Um, Randi, could I have a moment of your time?"

I nod, "Sure." This could be my chance to vent, and I was gonna take it.

"Moments ago, we saw Big Show knock out Dusty Rhodes, at the request of Stephanie McMahon. Even after you begged Show not to do it, he did it anyway. Do you feel like it's your fault?"

I think about what Dolph said, "No, it's not my fault. It's not Show's either. He was just doing his job. Its Stephanie, for having the nerve to make him do that. What kind of..." I trail off, not wanting to let my mouth get me in to trouble. "All I'm saying is, Stephanie...actions have consequences. Remember that."

I push my way into the locker room, thoughts of revenge laying heavily on my mind.