Chapter 49: Hope

Me and Dolph had just entered the arena an hour before the show was set to start. Dolph was pulling both our suitcases and I carried my title on my right shoulder.

I took off my sunglasses and looked around. I took a deep breath. "It's good to be back."

Dolph laughed as we kept walking. "We were only gone for a few days."

"I know but I missed competing." We walked until we made it to Dolph's locker room.

I opened the door for him and he dragged our suitcases in. He took off his sunglasses and looked at me. "How are your ribs?"

I looked down at them, and rubbed where there was still a little bruising. "They're alright. I guess I'll go get them taped up though."

I headed for the door.

"Meet you in catering?" Dolph asked.

I stopped and turned to look at him. "Yeah, after I get dressed."

"Okay then, but you should hurry. The show will be staring soon. Oh, and I wouldn't let it be known that you're here. The better the surprise will be."

I let out a sigh as I stood in the door frame. "Does that mean I have to take the long way around?"

He smirked, "Yep. Here." He tossed me a nondescript black hat and I put it on, and slid on my glasses.

I walked over to my suitcase and grabbed a band, putting my hair in a ponytail. "See ya in a bit."

I walked out the door and looked both ways. When I didn't see anyone I hurried down the hall and turned into the back hall AKA the long way. No one ever took this hall so I was pretty sure I would go unseen.

I made it to the trainer's room and got my ribs taped up without problem.

I didn't run into the problem until I left the trainer's room.

I heard someone on their phone and immediately hid behind an equipment box.

I realized how stupid I would look if they saw me, and was about to stand up, but that was until I heard the voice.

"Yeah, 3-on-1 tonight vs. The Shield. And she isn't here, so no doubt they'll try to take me out so I don't make it to Night of Champions."

It was Randy's voice. And I think he was talking about me.

"Randi? I don't know man, last I saw her was in the hotel, Tuesday morning when I gave her the silent treatment." A pause. "Yeah, I realize how childish that was." Another pause, this one longer. "Great, I ran her away into Dolph's arms again...what's wrong with me John?"

I had just picked up two things from Randy's side of the conversation. 1) He was talking to John Cena and 2) He thought I was dating Dolph. I had to cover my mouth to keep from laughing.

How many times did I have to tell people we weren't dating?

He continued. "No, I don't deserve Randi at all anyway. Her and Dolph are happy...and I won't come between that."

Randy cared about my happiness?

He let out a sigh, "I'll talk to you later, I've got an opening segment."

I peek around the corner to see Randy, in full wrestling attire, sitting on the floor head in his hands.

He takes a deep breath and stands up. He rubs his hand over his face and slowly walks back the way he came.

I slide down the wall onto the floor, and take off my hat and sunglasses. I stare down at them in my hands.

Randy thought I was dating Dolph. No matter how many times I had made it clear that I wasn't, he couldn't get it through his head.

I'll admit, when it came to dating, people didn't think me and Dolph had our priorities straight and it never truly worked out.

The point is, Dolph and mine's friendship had ruined a lot of potential boyfriend candidates, but in the end I didn't care. I always had Dolph...the one guy, no person, I could depend on.

I glanced the way Randy had wandered off.

Me and Dolph weren't dating, and nothing could ever come between us. So if that was the case, what was stopping me from telling this to Randy?

I knew the answer to that: My dad. It was because of him that I didn't trust anyone.

But Dolph had renewed my trust, and in the process, my hope. Hope that someone could love me.

So maybe there was hope for me and Randy too.

And maybe, just maybe, if I gave him my heart...he wouldn't break it.