Chapter 42

Aliyah P.O.V.

I sat on the edge of the hotel bed, waiting for Ronnie to finish his business in the bathroom. I ran my hands down my all black dress, feeling uneasy about today. Today was the day of Auntee Stasia's funeral, and needless to say, I wasn't prepared whatsoever.

I turned my head in the direction of the bathroom, once I heard the door open. "Alright Im ready, you ready baby?"

I was silent, watching Ronnie place his vile of steroids back inside the bottom of one of his bags.

"...Yeah," I said lowly.

He looked over at me and sighed, once he seen the look on my face. "Baby, don't do this right now," He started.

"We had a agreement.....I know this is all new to you, and I know how you feel about it all, but please, don't look at me like that,"

I sighed, turning away from him. "Sorry.....it's just....alot to get adjusted too,"

He nodded. "I understand,"

".....Did you really think it was a good idea to bring all that with you?? You couldv'e gotten caught with it in your bags when at the airport......we still have to fly home you know."

"Yes," He started. "I have to use it everyday for it to work, and I know, but I told you, Im being extra careful about everything, don't stress yourself about the airport baby,"

"Im not stressing about the airport," I started. "Im stressing about the whole situation period, none of this is healty for you baby,"

"Aliyah," He said in a sigh.

"Four months? Remember? We agreed, that after four months I'll give it up.....we just need to stick to that plan alright? Stop worrying so much, everything will be fine." He stepped closer to me, kissing my forehead.

"Now," He started.

"Today isn't about me, it's about your Aunt, and you saying goodbye and being there for your family....that's what I want you to focus on."

I nodded slowly.

"Come on," He grabbed my hand gently, and helped me stand up. "I don't want you being late."

He walked over to the hotel door and pulled it open, motioning for me to walk out first.

I took a big deep breath, walking through the door, still feeling uneasy.

Marcus P.O.V.

I fixed my snapback on my head, as I walked towards Jess' bedroom door.

I leaned up againsnt the doorframe, and sligtly tapped twice. "Aye girl, you ready? Im bouta head out in like five," I looked down at my watch, checking the time.

"Go ahead, Im gonna stay in."

I frowned, slightly confused.

"What?? You ain't coming with me to the Nike tour? I thougt you said you was down??"

"...I was, but Im not in the mood to go anywhere today.....just go, I don't wanna make you late,"

I sucked my teeth, opening up her door.

I frowned once I seen her laid up in her bed in pajamas, watching TV.

"You kiddin me, right?" I asked, motioning to her. "Get up, comb ya hair and let's go man, I ain't got time for the games today with you."

She sighed.

"I really don't feel like going......I have my period,"

I sucked my teeth again. "So??? I distinctly remember you being all laid up in the house one time, and some nigga that you was crushing on called you, and asked you to go to dinner with him, and yo ass got up right away, matter fact, you went out, and got your nails and hair done and shit, so ion wanna hear it, come on, stop playing."