Chapter 3

Marcus P.O.V.

I tapped my pencil on my desk, barely even listening to Professor Wright teach anymore.

I swear if it wasn't for football, I probably wouldn't even come to class like I was suppose too.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, causing me sit up in my seat a little. I looked up at Professor Wright, acting like I was listening to what he was saying as I pulled my phone out of my pocket.

I leaned back and smiled to myself, once I seen I had a message from Kelia.

I opened it up, smiling even harder once I seen the picture of her ultrasound she had sent me.

I clicked on it, making it bigger.

It was like everytime I seen her belly, or a picture of an ultrasound, I still couldn't believe that I was gunna be a father. I couldn't belive that I had made that tiny person inside of her, and I was excitied as hell to meet him or her.

All of a sudden, I felt a hard tap on my shoulder, causing me to look to my side. "Coach?" I asked confused.

"Richmond, come with me." I frowned, standing up from my seat, quickly grabbing all my things.

I followed him out of the room, and waited until the door closed to speak. "Wassup Coach? What's this about?"

I dropped all my stuff in my bookbag, trying to keep up with him.

"You'll see in a minute, just follow me."

I sighed, following him onto the elevator.

He hit the number one, letting me know we were gunna be going to the administration office or the gym.

"Fix your shirt boy, you can't be looking sloppy infront of these people." I frowned, straightening out my shirt.

"What people?" He huffed a little, looking me up and down. "And take that earring out your ear, I always hated it anyways."

I frowned. "For what? What's going on?"

The elevator doors opened, and coach immediately walked out.

"Come on boy, and stop asking me all these questions." I sighed, shaking my head. I didn't see why he couldn't just tell me why he was just pulling me out of class like this, now when I go back tommorow Im gunna be lost as hell because I missed the lesson.

I swalloed hard once I seen him making his way over to the office door. "We goin to the office coach??"

He ignored me, pulling the door open. "Go inside." I sighed, stepping inside of the office. I waited for coach to step inside, and I followed him to wherever he was going.

We walked straight passed the administrators, and walked back into the area were all the offices were. I could feel my heart beating out my chest, the closer we got to the Dean Micheals office.

I held onto my bookbag and took a sigh or relief when we turned down the oppsite way to where his office was.

I followed closely behind coach, and frowned when he stopped infront of a door that had a plaque on it, that said "Conference room"

He took a deep breath and turned around to face me. "Don't fuck this up for yourself boy." My frown deepend. "What you talkin bout coach?"

He sighed. "Take that damn earring out your ear before you go inside here with these white folks." I slowly brought my hands us to my ear and removed my earring, dropping it back in my pocket.

Everytime coach talked as if he wasn't white it made me laugh a little, but I couldn't even laugh since I was so confused with what was going on.

He looked me up and down and took a deep breath. "Okay, let's do this son."