Chapter 58 (PART 1)

1 AND 1/2 MONTHS LATER

Aliyah P.O.V.

ME: "Yes, I thought the gardenias and the white roses were both really beautiful, I definitely think my bouquet should have both, and then the centerpieces at all of the guest tables should be similar,"

I switched my phone to my left ear, skimming through my notepad, hitting down the idea I just gave Chrissy.

CHRISSY: "I agree, that would love lovely, I'll pass that idea along to the florist, did you have a chance to look at those photos I emailed you?"

ME: "Yes, I looked through them this morning while we were on the plane, they all were so beautiful, but I think I liked the last two venues the best, and Ronnie agrees,"

She chuckled.

CHRISSY: "I love how you two are always on the same page, but that's great, I'll go ahead and get in contact with both gentlemen to see if we can schedule a walk through for when you two return, hopefully I'll be able to reach someone since it's the holidays,"

ME: "Dont worry about that right now," I started. "You contact the florist, but after that, please go ahead and enjoy your time with your family, we can pick up the wedding planning once Ronnie and I are back in Georgia,"

CHRISSY: "You sure? I like to have things prepared, I don't mind calling today to se-"

ME: "It's fine Chrissy, really, I really don't want you working on Thanksgiving, we can pick up where we left off once we're all back."

CHRISSY: "Okay, well in that case, thank you, and I hope you and Ronnie have a happy holidays, and tell your family I said hello,"

I smiled a little.

ME: "Thanks Chrissy, same to you, safe travels,"

I hung up the phone, looking over at Ronnie, who was focused on the road.

"She's so sweet,"

He chuckled. "I know, and not only that, she's a true workaholic, that's probably why she's so highly rated."

I nodded my head in agreement. "True, but she deserves a break, I mean she was really going to make calls today to the potential venues on Thanksgiving,"

He chuckled again. "What can she say? She's dedicated to her job,"

"A little too dedicated," I started. "I hope she really takes this time to relax and chill with her family, I feel like the past few weeks I've been asking so much of her with all the wedding stuff, she honestly deserves to not hear from me for a little while."

He turned into mama's daddy's gated community, letting me know we were only a few minutes away from the house.

"She probably doesn't even know what to do with herself," he started. "You're probably the first bride to actually tell her to take a break,"

"Well yeah, I'm not trying to be a bridezilla, especially when we still have a lot of time for planning, there's no need to rush everything,"

"I agree with you, but you're not that kind of person anyways, you're always thinking about others and their feelings.....one of the a thousand reasons why I love you,"

He reached over with his free hand, picking up my left hand, placing a small kiss on it.

I smiled a little to myself, leaning back into my seat.

"......Are you ready to see my parents?" I asked, looking over at him again.

"Well," he said in a sigh. "Normally I would say that I'm ready to see your mom, but since things were so awkward the last time she saw me, I don't know.....and you know I'm never ready to see your father,"