"Where's Brian?"

As if he was waiting for her to ask that, the guitarist comes through the door, almost throwing his guitar case down (though Roxy sees him wince), "Sorry I'm late."

"That's alright," John gives him a smile, "Happens to us all."

"Some more than others," Roger says with an accusing look at Freddie, who raises an eyebrow.

"I'm here, aren't I?"

The blonde ignores him, looking back at Brian, "You alright? Wanna talk about it?"

"'m fine,"

"You sure? You know what they say, Bri, don't keep things bott-"

"I said I'm fine, Roger." he snaps.

"Alright," Roger holds his hands up, "Jesus, I was just asking. Honestly-"

"Rog," both John and Freddie warn.

Arthur, sensing the tension, squirms in Freddie's arms until he puts him down and then he makes a beeline for Rebecca, who pulls him onto her lap while she and Roxy sit silently.

They listen as the argument escalates and like always, Roxanne gets more and more uncomfortable - to the point where she can't keep quiet and ends up blurting the first thing that she can think of which is...."John and I are having another baby."

John shakes his head while the rest of the band stare at her and fall silent.

"I'm sorry," she gasps, covering her mouth, "I'm so sorry, John."

"It's alright, Rox," he shakes his head with a laugh, smile dropping when he sees that she's getting upset, "Oh, love, no."

"I ruined it, didn't I?" she chokes and Arthur, seeing her tears, reaches up to wipe them away.

"You didn't ruin anything," he soothes, crossing the studio to sit on the arm of the couch she and Becca are sat on, "You're alright, love."

"Oh darlings, congratulations," Freddie cheers, lightening the mood immediately as he steps forward to wrap his arms around the two of them, "Another baby to our beautiful family. Brian, don't just stand there."

Roger's shaking his head as Brian congratulates them quietly, waiting until Roxanne makes eye contact before speaking, "That's why you didn't drink at the wedding, isn't it?"

She shrugs, making him roll his eyes.

"Congratulations," he murmurs, looking at Arthur who's still wrapping in Becca's arms, "I'm sure this one will be just as adorable as this little one, right Bex?"

The brunette nods but doesn't say anything, she just pushes some of Arthur's hair back from his forehead.

Roxanne lets the little boy play around the studio for a little longer before she stands, reaching down to grab the blue bag she's brought with her.

"You're leaving already?" Becca frowns and she nods.

"Arthur and I have a meeting with ducks to get to. Don't we, kiddo?"

"Duckies!" he cheers, throwing his arms up in the air, "Duckies!"

"Feel free to come," Roxanne smiles, shouldering her bag, "If it stays dry, I've got some snacks in the bag."

"Is that alright?"

"Of course it is! Arthur, Aunty Becca is going to come with us to the park."

"Bec, Bec!" he cheers again, darting back across the studio to crash into her legs, "Duckies!"

Rebecca hoists him into her arms again before going to find Roger and while she's waiting, Roxanne makes her way over to John who's sitting at the mixing table, wrapping her arms around his neck so she can say goodbye.

"Have fun," he murmurs, turning around on his spinny chair, "See if that really little one is there again. Y'know, the really skinny one. Fatten him up."

"I will," she promises, kissing him softly as Becca returns with Roger following, "Ready?"

Becca nods, kissing Roger's cheek as he ruffles the little boy's hair before she's following Roxanne out the door.

++|++

Thankfully, it was still dry when they got to Hyde Park and after finding a parking space and carrying Arthur to the gates, Roxanne sets him down on his feet and let's him walk a little ways ahead of her and Becca. 

The brunette, who had been unusually quiet on the journey over, watches him silently with a smile on her face. 

"Do you wanna stop here and have the snacks before we feed the ducks or after?" Roxy asks when they come to a bench at a particularly pretty spot and Becca nods. 

"Now's good."

"Arthur," Roxy calls and the boy turns, "Come here a minute, hun."

He races over and Becca lifts him up onto the bench between them while Roxy opens her bag. "It's not much," she murmurs, "Just some fruit and stuff."

"That's fine," Rebecca shrugs, "'m not starving. Just a little peckish."

"Hey," Roxy scolds quietly when Arthur snatches the small tub of strawberries that she'd cut up, "Don't grab."

"Sorry," he says quietly.  

As they snack, Arthur's the only one who really speaks; pointing out a squirrel that runs across the path in front of them and up a tree, he points at a dog, saying that it's Lady from Lady and the Tramp. 

While he's doing that, Roxanne's watching Becca, who's still watching the boy with a small smile on her face. 

"Are you okay?" she can't help but ask, snapping the brunette out of her thoughts. 

"Hm?"

"You've been awfully quiet...just wondering if you're alright."

She sighs, "Alright...what I tell you, you can't tell Roger. Please, Roxy."

Roxanne puts her hand on top of hers, "Of course. Becca, what's going on?" 

"Roger and I," she murmurs, "We've been....we've been trying for a baby." 

"You are?!" Roxy gasps, "Oh, Becca, that's wonderful!"

"Trying being the keyword. It's just...we've been trying for a while now and nothing's happened." 

"Well, these things can take time," Roxanne murmurs, "How long is a while?" 

"Pretty much since we got married," she admits, cheeks flushing red, "But so far, nothing. I've done everything I can think of, Rox. I've stopped drinking, changed my diet...I even got Roger to stop smoking for a while but the stress of all of this, he's started up again." 

"Becca," the blonde soothes, "God and there was me just blurting out that we're having another baby. I'm so sorry," 

"No, Roxanne, please don't say sorry," she shakes her head, "I just...Roger wants a baby so bad. I know he does, no matter how much he tries to play it down and I see how he is with Arthur..." 

Roxy puts her hand on the brunette's shoulder, "Becca," 

"Please don't tell Roger," she pleads, "Please, Roxanne." 

Her lips were sealed.

++|++

just a heads up, i'm going to post the first chapter of my brian fic to give you guys a little preview so watch out for that! pls tell me what you think 😁😘