Chapter 20

Cameron, Cameron, Cameron~

I search the stadium for him the moment I enter.

"They're not here yet." Olivia says.

Oop, was the look on my face too obvious?

I sit next to Olivia in the seats, the men's team will be going first then the women's. We're here early because we want to watch the game and for me, I have one other reason.

The men of UCLA walk in and there he is, that little brown haired boy. My heart starts to race at the sight of him, I can't wait to talk to him later.

"You know what's the talk lately?" Tania sits on the row in front of us, "Lucas Jones wants to trash Cameron Fields." Tania puts her legs up on row in front of her.

Olivia scoffs, "he's ridiculous, he talks about rookie players like this all the time."

"Tania Bright, please take your legs off the seats, this is not your house." The co-captain of the men's team, Elijah Davis says into the microphone.

Everyone turns to look at us, but I keep my eyes on Cameron. He glanced over then looked away, he saw me! Cameron quickly turns back and looks at me, he smiled a little and look back at his coach.

"Tsk," Tania puts her leg down on the ground, "goddamn it, Davis."

Elijah Davis, he's in his second year. He was very popular in his rookie year, sponsorships and good looks. He got injured during the finals with his new game high of 54 points, Duke lost and got second.

He got an ACL tear, that's what I fear the most.

He's currently back on court, wearing a knee guard while playing. However, his performance hasn't been the same. I can sense the fear whenever he steps on court, the fear that he might get injured again.

He's not playing for this game, Coach is not going to put him in so he's in-charge of the online broadcast of their friendly game. Elijah Davis is no jerk like Lucas Jones, Elijah is witty and friendly, he gets along well with anyone and everyone.

And the good thing is, he's single!

Another thing is that, he's a dork and love teasing people.

"We have Cameron Fields back on Duke court once again, good to see you man!" Elijah exclaims. The teams disperse and started doing their warm-ups.

"Damn Alex, you drooling." Tania pokes fun at me, I raise my leg and acted like I was going to kick her in the face.

I can't take my eyes off of Cameron, I just can't... I haven't seen him in so long and I don't know when will be the next time I will see him again.

"Okay while the warm-up is going on, I will announcing which players from Duke are picked for USA team this year. Y'all will go for the tryouts in Los Angeles during summer break." I immediately divert my attention to Elijah.

He holds up his phone, "Alexis Morgan, congrats rookie." Some of the boys stopped and cheered for me.

A wide smile spread across my face, yes something to look forward for in summer! I look over at Cameron Fields who has a small but proud smile on his face, he looks away from me and continues with his warm-up.

"Olivia Perkins, congrats you oldie." Lucas burst out laughing at Elijah's commentary, Olivia rolls her eyes and points a middle finger at Lucas.

"Hey... Thats not nice, vice-cap." Elijah teases her, Elijah smiles and then announced the next player. "Tania Bright, the most beautiful lady in the world."