Chapter 2

» » » » » » » » »

"Wear this! You look pretty." Veronica holds up a dress to my shoulders. I sigh, we are shopping for homecoming. It's nice that we are graduating but at the same time, Kayden and I will be going to different college.

"C'mon, give me a rough idea on what you want to wear." Veronica frowns, putting the dress back on the rack. "Maybe black, like my mood-"

I stood frozen, looking out of the store window. "Isn't that Kayden?" I pointed. Veronica stands next to me, the boy turns around. Its not him. My heart calms down a little, "why are you so... Scared?" Veronica ask.

"I don't know.." I muttered. It sounds so weird and it doesn't make sense; my gut is telling me that Kayden is cheating on me. I do not have any proof, it's just a feeling.

"Let's shop for your dress first." I say to Veronica. She has a few that she already wants to try, she's waiting for me and honestly I can't make up my mind. I want to look beautiful.

I want to be pretty, look nice in front of Kayden.

But I am rough... Just like a boy.

One week later

"Hey," I step into Kayden's room. Kayden took off his earpiece, "hey babe." He smiles at me. I sit on the desk chair, "why are you sitting so far away? Come." He pat the space next to his bed.

No, I do not want to. Its uncomfortable at the moment.

"I have a question to ask." I say before he could say anything. "What is it?" Kayden sit up on his bed, his right brow raised at me. The sun is shining in his eyes, making him squint at me. "Who exactly is Melissa?"

Kayden laughs and looked down at the ground, his brown hair covering his eyes. He then gently throw his hair back and look back up at me, "why, you jealous?"

"Who is she?" I ask again. Kayden stands up and walk over to me, "she's a friend." He grabs my hands and pull me up the chair with force.

"You're cute when you're mad." Kayden turns me around and throws me onto the bed, "I am not in the mood for this." I stood back up, "stop treating me like a doll." I glare at him. I am breathing so heavily.

Okay, I need to relax. He's my boyfriend, he won't do anything to hurt me.

Right?

Homecoming

I get ready at Veronica's. Her room is grand. Big mirror with lights, a white rug that I can't sit on because I get rashes. She has a walkin closet, a queen sized bed- she got everything.

"Hurry up, change." Veronica steps out of her closet in her gorgeous dress. "I will do your makeup for you." She pulls me up from her bed, "I don't feel like going." I murmured as I get pushed into the walkin closet.

There's my dress.

I sigh and put it on.

I pull my ashy blonde hair into a messy bun, "okay look up at me

I pull my ashy blonde hair into a messy bun, "okay look up at me." Veronica instructed. She did my makeup, not too cakey, just right. It looks natural.

I struggle with heels, took me a week to get used to them. I sigh once again and look down at my feet, "they look gigantic." I commented.

"They don't." Veronica rolls her eyes at me and grab her clutch. "Kayden is going to love you more! Maybe you guys will do it!"

It. She doesn't know that I have already lost it 6 months into the relationship. I didn't want to lose it.

"Nate is here." Veronica smiles, walking out of her house confidently. "Looking good, ladies!" Nate step out in his suit.

Naomi sits in the passenger seat and met eyes with me, "you said you couldn't walk in heels."

"Girl, you should've seen her wobble." Veronica laughs and we all got into the car.

They question why Kayden is not driving me to the homecoming. A question I want to avoid because I can't answer. I asked him to, but he couldn't drive because his leg has a minor injury.

When we arrived, we took photos and got into the ballroom.

They were already people dancing, they all look wonderful.

"That's Kayden." I muttered, I keep my eyes on him. I should've gotten contacts but I am scared to wear them.

"That is Kayden." I confirmed and walk towards him.

"Your leg doesn't hurt that much now, does it?" I raise my brows at him. "Alex." Kayden turned to me wide-eyed.

"It will hurt now!" I stomp on his feet with my heels and storm out of the ballroom. Nobody came for me, Kayden didn't came for me.

I went to a place that I know that it will be empty. I don't want to go home so soon, my father will question why am I home so early.

I step onto the basketball court, "wow." Justin stops dribbling the ball. "You ball in a dress?" I roll my eyes at him, "don't be dumb."

"Justin right?"

He shakes his head no. "Only dumbass Naomi calls me that, please call me JC."

"Alright JC, nice to meet you." I smile slightly. He nods and put the ball down, "homecoming?" He raise his brows.

"Yeah." I sat down on the bench, "you look beautiful." JC complimented.

Well at least a boy complimented me tonight, although I really wanted a compliment from Kayden instead.

"Thank you." I grin, "what are you doing on court?"

"Erm... Hoping for a pretty lady to come by." He sits beside me.

I look at him, he has black hair and piercings. "Hm, good luck." I said.

JC shakes his head and laughs, "Alexis right?"

"Yeah." My phone vibrates, I took out of my bag and received a message from Kayden asking where am I.

If he care enough, he would call me. "Your boyfriend is still Kayden Smith I see." JC spoke up.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I frown a little. "The last time I saw you, you were clearly upset by his actions. I don't get why you stick around that guy—"

"Because I love that guy okay, I love him to bits. He's been there for me when I am down—"

"Always or sometimes?" JC cuts me off. I stood up and adjusted my dress, "I am not having this conversation with a stranger."

I then look him in the eyes with anger, "it was nice bumping into you here."

I reached home, undressed, showered and got into my hoodie and shorts.

Veronica 🌸💗: you left early... so did kayden... doing it??? 😆😆

I stare at the message, I was with him for less than a minute.

I put my phone aside, not knowing what to reply Veronica. I wonder who is Kayden with. Is he at home? Is he on the way to my house to find me? Is he going to call me?

I don't know.

All I know is that tonight was a bust. I haven't had a good appetite these days, trying to watch my weight so I can look good in outfits. Sometimes I vomit them out or whatever...

My throat hurts but it's going to be better soon.

I think.