Chapter 30

"Duke basketball women's has done it again! Look at Alexis Morgan on the front page of the newspaper with a gorgeous smile. Congratulations to Duke on winning championship once again."

"Congratulations." Elijah gives me a quick hug. UCLA men won championship once again, I can tell Elijah is disappointed.

Just like last year, the captains have to take a photo together. I was made to stand beside Cameron.

I am still nervous around him.

But I never looked at him or speak to him. He has moved on.

And I have moved on.

I think.

It has been awhile since I met him, he has grown to look more gorgeous now. I took a quick glance at him, afraid that he might notice me.

His eyes wrinkles when he smiles.

So cute.

Stop it!

"Morgan," my coach calls out to me to hold the trophy.

After photo-taking, I was rushed to the conference room with Cameron to do an interview together.

Cameron flash a small smile at me and took a seat. I nodded in acknowledgement and held my hands together tightly.

"You both were in an incident together, may I know how you both are feeling right now?" A reporter asked.

"Sorry, reporters are allowed to ask things that are related to basketball only." Cameron's coach stands in.

I mentally sigh in relief.

That was a close one.

Does the whole world want to hear that I suffer from PTSD? God.

"How's winning the second championship like?" 

Cameron leans in to speak, "it's an amazing feeling definitely. The excitement is still the same as the first time we won."

I gulp, "it was a bit nerve wrecking at the start as we were losing a few games. I am glad the team stepped up and worked hard together to get to where we are now, it's very... Rewarding."

After the interview, we had a celebratory dinner with the coaches before heading home.

"Oh my god, Alex." Tania grabs my wrist as I ate my potatoes.

"Hm?" I looked over at her phone with the fork in my mouth.

"Cameron Fields and Alexis Morgan always looked like they're in love. YOU tell me that Alexis was in LA with Cameron's father is a coincidence? NO WAY! I bet Alexis flew over to visit Cameron." It read on Twitter.

I scroll to read the next tweet.

"Look at them together last year when they both won MVP! And hold on, hold on- Cameron was previously from Duke before going to UCLA. I bet your ass that they already knew each other."

I place the fork down on my plate.

"Vanessa." I muttered under my breath. "What about her?" Tania furrows her eyebrows and puts her phone away, "you know during that sleepover, she confessed that she likes him. What if she hates me after seeing that tweet?" I say in a low tone, not wanting any of our teammates to eavesdrop.

Tania scoffs, "that doesn't matter. Cameron likes you but you guys aren't talking. It ain't no biggie."

"If she got an issue with that, she have a issue with herself." Tania quickly added, sounding a little mad. Tania sighs, "Alexis, you both have not spoken to each other for over a year. What is happening?"

I shrug my shoulders, "we were never together, Tania."

But he left.

"Congrats." Elijah opens his door the moment I am reaching my apartment.

I flash a small smile at him, Duke men's team got 3rd this year despite their efforts.

"Good work out there, Elijah. Better luck next year." I pat him on the shoulder.

Elijah chuckles, "right."

I took out my keys from my bag to unlock the door.

"So what are you going to do this weekend?" Elijah ask.

"Oh, I have to go to the gym with the girls. We got selected to play 3 on 3 again." I casually answered.

"Are you free for dinner then?"

I turn to look at him, "I guess so, with who?" I said, still with a small smile on my face. Elijah is leaning against the door frame, in his sweat pants and hoodie. His black hair is in a mess, "just me." He says.

Oh.

"Where?" I ask.

"By the beach, I am craving some seafood."

It is just a dinner.

"Erm, sure." I nod my head and step into my house, grabbing my door handle, ready to close the door.

Elijah smiles, "see you tomorrow, Morgan."