Chapter 31

1 year later

"Happy graduation, superstar." Dad hands me a bouquet of roses. I smiled at the sight of roses and grab Axel's hand.

"Look here!" Tania took out her phone to take a photo of us.

"Done!" Tania smiles and airdrops it to my phone immediately.

"Happy graduation!" Elijah walks towards us with a bouquet of sunflowers in his arms. "Happy graduation, loser." I smiled and gave him a quick hug. Elijah and the team lost the game this year, they did not make it to the top 3 at all. 

Hence, loser. He's fine with it.

"What about that date now, Morgan?" Elijah ask when he pulls away.

I slap him on the arm lightly, "maybe in 5 years, I will think about it." I answered.

Elijah asked me to be his girlfriend last year.

I think I sent him the wrong signal. I was not ready for a relationship.

Because of Cameron Fields.

Shut up, brain!

Elijah is like a good friend to me, he is always there for me. He's very nice but I don't think I am what he is finding for.

It seems like it right now, but I hope he found someone who truly loves him.

"Alright, I will take that deal." Elijah nods his head, "give it up." I roll my eyes at him.

"C'mon, gather in for a photo." Dad says, gathering Tania in as well.

"Cheese!" The three of us exclaimed in unison.

After the ceremony, we were rushed into the school gymnasium where WNBA and NBA draft picks will be announced. Tania, Elijah and I are sitting to one another on the stage with reporters in front of us, just waiting for the announcements.

I held my hands tightly together, holy crap.

It does not matter where I go, I am happy wherever.

"For WNBA #1 Draft pick is Los Angeles Sparks."

"We have #1 pick from the draft, Alexis Morgan from Duke."

The camera immediately pans to me, and now I am live on national television.

"Thank you LA, I am excited to play for you guys and I absolutely love the place. I am very excited, thank you." I simply said.

I look over at Dad who smiles proudly.

He gives me a thumbs up and applaud.

"Next we have the #4 pick... Los Angeles Sparks."

"We have #4, Tania Bright."

Tania grabs my hand and squeals in excitement, "we gonna be teammates again!" She jumps out of her seat.

I laughed as I watch the camera man gets closer to her.

"Tania!" I shout out to her.

Tania quickly sits down, "let's go LA!" She points to the camera with her index finger and wink.

I laugh and shake my head at her.

Tania and I got off the stage and we all watch Elijah.

And there he is, Cameron on the big screen. He looks dashing in his tux. He is after all, the #1 pick.

"Los Angeles Lakers welcomes Cameron Fields, the #1 pick."

"Huh." Tania murmurs out, "you will be seeing him more often."