Chapter 33

3 years later
New Hampshire

"Thank you for coming." I greeted the guests as they enter the funeral home.

I did not sleep well last night, my mind was overflowing with thoughts.

A black SUV pulls up at the front of the funeral home, "is that Cameron?" Axel asks.

The car door opens and there he is, Cameron Fields.

"Yeah." I murmured. Axel smiles and wave at him. Cameron smiles and walks up to us.

"Thank you for coming." I murmured, Cameron smiles softly at me. He placed his hand on my arm, "it is not a problem... Anything for Mr Morgan." He murmurs.

"The burial... Is starting soon." Axel says slowly. I held Axel's hand and walk to the burial site. Axel has grown so tall, he is taller than me now and he is only just 16 years old.

"Here we gathered around James Morgan, a doting father, a well-loved coach and a legendary NBA player. Thank you teachers for coming down today and send my love to the teams that my father has coached, knowing my father, he loves kids." I smile at the small crowd, "special thanks to the basketball players that are currently present, my father have either gave you advices or has played on the same court as you. Thank you for coming down, showing your love and support."

"James Morgan may have passed, but he is always in our hearts. Always remember to be the player that the coaches warn players about. Most importantly, stay happy and kind." I quoted Dad, "thank you." I step aside and stood next to Axel.

Axel fell asleep in my car as I bid goodbyes to our family friends.

"Are you okay?" I asked Cameron.

Cameron laughs lightly, "I should ask you that." He pats my head gently.

"It is tough but we will get through it." I murmured.

Cameron nods his head, "let me drive you guys home." He offers, "you look like you have not slept."

That sounds nice.

"Sure." I nod my head, "it will be nice to catch up too." I added. He smiles, "yes, car keys please." He put his hand out and I placed my car keys on his palm.

Cameron and I walk in silence to my car. 

Cameron looks back at Axel, ensuring that Axel has his seatbelt fastened.

I sat in the passenger seat and put on my seatbelt, Cameron starts the engine and drives out of the parking lot. "GPS please." He says, passing his phone to me.

I held his phone in his hand, his lockscreen was a picture of me, my Dad, Axel and him. The picture was taken in the first year of my college after we have won our first championships and named MVP.

"There is no password." He says.

"Uh..." I bite down on my bottom lip, "I can just tell you the directions, it's pretty easy." 

"The password is 8888, put in the GPS and you can get some shut eye." Cameron stated.

Damn.

I slide up and type in the digits and it unlocked. His home screen is a picture of a beach. Looks like the one I live by in California.

I placed the phone into the phone holder and lean back in my seat.

I more awake now, feel much more tense that he is here in my car.