Chapter 18

"Alexis Morgan makes sports headlines as she have a new game high of 40 points tonight! Duke is looking bright as they head for semi-finals."

"Duke's has a big 3 of their own, it consists of Tania Bright, Olivia Perkins and Alexis Morgan. The three are unstoppable on court!"

"Alexis Morgan to be sponsored by Nike."

"Alexis Morgan's rookie year can get her a decent spot in WNBA, her future is looking bright and she looks like she have more to offer."

"That's all the boxes." Dad says.

I have moved.

Dad wanted me to move, he found me another apartment.

He knows I love big windows, this time he got me the top floor

My dad loves to pamper me, especially after mom left.

I took out one of my framed photos, it's me, Tania and Olivia on the magazine cover of a sports magazine. Nate got it framed for me, it's the size of Axel but I love it.

"Oh right, speaking of basketball." Dad sits on the bar stool, "you didn't tell me that Cameron is in UCLA."

Ah shoot.

"Why– why do I have to tell you that?" I stutter, rather surprised that he even ask about Cameron.

Dad shakes his head, "Alexis, he's one of top players in UCLA. He's making a big name in the NCAA, heck I watched him play, he's an amazing player."

Dad looks at me, as if he's waiting for me to say something. "Oh yeah." I murmured and nod my head.

"Why? Did you guys fight or something?" Dad ask.

We're not talking.

He's about 2000 miles away, I can't see him either.

"No, I just know, Dad." I smiled, "he's going to one of the biggest players."

"I am thinking to go see him during my break." I say, Dad narrows his eyes at me. "Just you both?"

Shit.

"Naomi will be there too and, and Tania!" I quickly spout a lie. Dad laughs, "you can go, I know it will just be you and him."

I stare at him in disbelief, "you let your 18-year old daughter go visit a boy?!" Dad rolls his eyes at me, "I know you won't pull anything silly and he won't do anything. You both are going to big stars, just be careful."

I nod my head, not really planning on going over to Los Angeles anytime soon but I will one day— Spending everyday and every second with him.