Chapter 34

1 week later

After many troubles, I manage to get back to California and Axel is off the competition in Minnesota.

I got a house just right next to mine because my house is just a one bed room flat. Axel will have his own privacy and I still can check up on him as well.

The internet has been going crazy. My friends too.

Cameron recently posted a photo on his instagram story. It was a photo of us with our arms around each other, smiling widely at the camera with the MVP trophies in our hands. He captioned it, 'our butterfly, stay strong always'.

Now my fans calls me butterfly.

It always has been his nickname for me too.

That was crazy.

alexis 🤡✨: how's competition

axel 🤮❤️: great, going to finals !!

alexis 🤡✨ : ok i will come down to minnesota

axel 🤮❤️ : finals will be held in california

alexis🤡✨ : oh

axel 🤮❤️: i will text you when i'm back

alexis 🤡✨: ok take care & keep me updated

axel🤮❤️ : ok, all love

I put my phone aside and prepared myself a bottle of fresh orange juice and a bowl of grapes.

I bought it out to the back where I will admire the sunset and the beach boys who will surf till it's too dark to be surfing.

The sunset is beautiful today, it's pinkish and also purple. Like cotton candy, so cute.

There's only one guy surfing in the waters today. The rest of the boys are watching him in awe of his moves.

The man came back to shore and ran his fingers through his wet brown hair.

A golden retriever run up to him, wagging its tail and running around the man excitedly.

The dog is so cute, maybe I should adopt one.

The dog then runs away from him and it seems like it's running towards me.

"Hello little guy," I coo. I place both of my hands on his face, "you're so cute." I giggled. It drops a tennis ball in my hands, "oh you want to play fetch!" I stood up and throw the tennis ball towards the guys.

"Oh my, Sausage!" The man exclaims.

He runs up towards me and the closer he gets, the more familiar he seems.

"Cameron," I put my hand up. "Morgan!" He looks at my house then looks down at me, "you live here?" Cameron ask in disbelief.

Surfing suits sure are tight... His body is something else alright...

Eyes on his face, Alex.

"Yeah, ironic isn't it? Living by the waters." I laugh, "and your dog name is sausage?" I pointed to the golden retriever as it runs back.

"Yeah... I don't know why." Cameron shrugs, "I didn't know you were back in California so quick." He says.

I throw the ball afar once again for Sausage to fetch. "Uh I just got back this morning." I say, "how was Olivia and Lucas' Wedding?"

Cameron's pursed, "it was crazy." Was all he could say. "But they're in Hawaii, having their honeymoon before pre-season starts."

I nod my head, "I will need to head back now, Alex. Call me if you need anything." Cameron says, tugging on Sausage's collar a little. "Sure." I mumbled and wave goodbye to him.

Ohh, that ass.

Stop it!

1 week later

"Great job! Dinner on me tonight!" I hug Axel after the award ceremony, Axel pouts a little, "it is only the second place."

I pat his back, "that's alright, one step at a time."

"Hey," Cameron comes up to us.

"Cameron!"

"I invited him." Axel says in a low tone.

"Of course." I said while smiling.

"Great job out there." Cameron gives a light tap on Axel's shoulder, "thanks! Join us for dinner, Alex is treating." Axel says.

Cameron's face light up, "sure." He agreed quickly.

"I will go take a few more photos with my friends." Axel takes his leave, leaving Cameron and I alone.

"You never called." Cameron says, I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "Why would I call you?" I ask.

Cameron shrugs his shoulders, "talk? Hangout?" I chuckled at him, "okay I will text more often."

"Oh my god, it is Cameron Fields!" I overheard the boys whispering from afar.

I laugh at them, they should try to be softer.

After dinner, Cameron drove us back home and I nagged Axel to make sure his windows and doors are lock before he goes to sleep.

I went back to my house and shut the back door. "Goodnight Alexis!" Axel shouts through his bedroom window, "goodnight! Breakfast at my house tomorrow."

"Okay!" Axel closes the window and draws his curtains.

I sat down on the couch and switch on the tv. Time to catch up on Grey's Anatomy.

1 hour later

"Alexis!" I hear Cameron pounding on my door, "what?!" I jump up from the couch and run to the front door. I unlock the door and open the door, "are you okay?!" Cameron looks at me, frantic.

I held his hands, "I am fine... Are you?" I look at him with concern.

"I received a message from you," he pulls out his phone from his back pocket and shows me the message.

Apparently I texted, 99999999999999! and sent it to him.

I pull my phone from my back pocket, "ah, my butt did it." I giggled.

Cameron lets out a sigh of relief, "I just want to check that you are okay." He places his hand on my head.

He pushes my blonde hair back and flash a soft smile at me, "I am... Now." I muttered.

I smiled at him, "you want to come in and rest for awhile? Look like you just played all 4 quarters." I step aside to let him in. Cameron laughs, "ha ha Morgan, but you and I know that feeling." He says, taking a seat on the couch. "Exhausting." I stated.

"Can't help it if you are a star player and your team needs you." Cameron shrugs.

He looks over at my bedroom and stare for awhile.

"Do you need a drink?" I went over to the fridge.

Cameron stands up from the couch, "you received the postcards."

I stood frozen in front of the fridge, "all this years... I know you moved but I did not know you got the postcards and the letter I assume."

"W-why? How long?" 

"Final year, moving to California because of my draft." I answered his question.

I turn to look at him, "I wanted to tell you but you were with Heather and I couldn't bring myself to even look at you at that time." I explained myself, "and I always wanted to tell you that it is not your fault. And erm yeah, I went to the places you went and I missed you..." I look down at the floor and start fiddling with my fingers nervously.

"Yeah I definitely loved you then, I wish to see you in every tournament that we had. It was fun... And nice to be loved by you, Cameron Fields."

I look up at him, "and I never dated anyone since you. Because I.. I am not sure but I might still be in lo-"

I was cut off by his soft lips on mine.

"I never stopped loving you, Morgan."