Chapter 13

»

"Morgan!" Jennifer pounds her fist against my front door, "geez Jennifer." I swing the door open, frowning at her.

"I miss you, Anne." Jennifer smiles, wrapping her arms around my neck. Cameron opens his front door to see what is going on, I flash a small smile at him then pulled away from Jennifer.

"Uh, this is Cameron. Cameron meet Jennifer, she's one of my best friends." I introduced the both of them. "Nice to meet you." Jennifer nods her head at him. "You too... Erm, I am going off so I will see you later." Cameron leaves, closing his door behind him.

"You want anything, Morgan?" He raise his eyebrows at me, "no." I shake my head and pull Jennifer into my loft.

"Maybe a piece of you." Jennifer teases, I immediately closed the door hoping that Cameron didn't hear what she said.

"Who is he to you? Oh my god, you have a hot neighbour and you didn't tell me, what a bitch." Jennifer slaps my arm lightly.

"He's just a neighbour." I stated and brought her to the kitchen, I got her a drink, her favorite green tea.

Jennifer shot me a look, "but I'd be his if he asked." I say in a low tone.

"I knew it, Morgan. You out here getting dic-"

"Stop it." I cut Jennifer off, "I want to know your love life."

"It's non-existent." Jennifer simply replied, "but there is a cute guy that is in my class."

We spent the whole morning catching up with each other, telling each other juicy gossip about the things that we overheard or saw.

Sending Jennifer out to her car made me miss home a little, also seeing her drive off made me sad, I don't know when is the next time we will see each other again.

When I am alone, thoughts fill my head. Keeping yourself busy doesn't stop the thoughts from coming. They pop out and remind you your most painful moments.

I have so many questions.

Half of it are about Cameron.

Despite everything else that happened, I wonder why I kept talking about him when I was drunk...

I barely know him, we're neighbours and he happens to be there for me...

I should get some tea, maybe that will calm me down. I go to the cafe, a woman walked past me with long brown hair and I could smell her perfume... The familiar perfume.

It smells just like mother.

I turn back around and followed her. She turns the corner– no, I can't lose her.

"Alexis Anne Morgan!" Melissa stands in front of me, "Melissa." I murmured out.

I then noticed Cameron leaning against his car, right... They're siblings. I forgot. 

"You!" Melissa slaps me across the face, "Melissa!" I could hear Cameron's voice that is filled with anger.

"Are you okay?" Cameron placed his hands on my shoulders and look at me, "the shooting was your fault! Everything is!"

"Don't listen to her." Cameron grab my hand and lead me to his car, "hey, Cameron!" Melissa frowns at his actions. I sat in the passenger's seat of his car, he slam the door closed, making me jump as I was startled.

Cameron walks to the driver's seat in a hurry and quickly lock the doors. "Cameron Fields!" Melissa screams.

Cameron then grab the seat belt next to me, "be safe." He looks at me, then look down for the buckle.