~01. Mystical Papers & Mystical Words~

~Eva's POV~

It has been almost a week since I and dad came back to India, while maa and Ishu have been here for almost a year now.

Ahh, speak of the devil!

"Eva! It's almost time!" Maa called out as I hurried down the stairs, not wanting to face her wrath. Ma was a stickler for working on time, especially on a wedding day.

"I'm here! I'm here!" I replied as I appeared in front of her smiling widely. Although she was strict at times, Ma was my favorite person after dad. I couldn't help it, after all, was a daddy's girl.

Maa turned around to face me holding a tray containing the flower garlands.

"Good! Now keep these near the mandap. It is almost time for the groom to arrive." She ordered, before continuing on her way busily.

Shaking my head, I smiled softly at her behavior. Though she looked completely put together, it was not an easy day for her since it was her eldest daughter that was getting married.

During the last year they have been in India Ishunaya, my sister had somehow managed to fall in love with my very handsome and smart soon- to- be brother- in- law Rohan leading them to get married just six months into their relationship.

Though it looked very hurried, I've no doubt that they would be one happy couple. Because they were in love, so much so that I could almost see pink bubbles floating around when they are in the same room.

As I placed the garlands near the mandap I heard the sound of the groom arriving making me hurry towards the front door.

Maa seeing me soon beckoned me forward giving me the arati to bless the groom.

After the blessings, my dear brother in law tried to step forward only to be stopped by me.

"Ah, ah, ah... you are forgetting something bhaiya, here is the appreciation? After all I am giving away my dear sister, no?" I questioned a teasing smile on my lips.

His friends behind him hooted in laughter while he blushed, he blushed!

"Haha... I've heard of the blushing bride, but definitely not of a blushing groom! What happened to you man?" His best friend, Randhir too joined in on the fun giving me a high five.

"Alright! Alright! Enough, here." Brother- in- law groaned before placing a gold chain on the tray. "Now leave me alone will you?" He begged trailing behind my laughing mother causing me and his friend to give mirthful smiles.

"Your friend sure does love my sister! Look even going as far as to give a gold chain." I showed off.

"Well, the man is whipped!" Randhir spoke with fake disdain.

Laughing I let them go in.

Passing the tray to one of the ladies I hurried to my sister's room where she sat alone looking nervous and absolutely beautiful.

"Having cold feet?" I asked her teasingly.

She only nodded in reply a blush gracing her cheeks. Making me hug her tight.

That was when maa and dad walked in.

Soon it was time for her to down. dad went ahead while I and maa escorted Ishu downstairs.

The wedding went well without a hitch and now it was the difficult part, saying goodbye.

Ishu and Rohan were now standing in front of my parents while I stood a little to the side, letting them have their moment.