Chapter Three

"You're still in love with her, are you?" - Jake to Liam Wu, on the call three days ago.

I dedicate this chapter to my friend who has hyped me up endlessly. Thank you, Kinza.

Chapter Three OST - 'One Last Time' by Summer Salt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liberia Cafe's grand opening night, 7 years ago.

"Congratulations to all of us!" Reyna squealed as she poured her friends another round of beer, cheeks flushed red with the amount of alcohol dangerously pulsing inside her bloodstream.

They were on the floor, sitting cross-legged while circling a board game they longed have abandoned after playing a game Jake unoriginally created: truth or drink. Although in his defense, this game stood out above other rip-offs because of the alcohol intensity one has to consume if they refuse to spit out the truth.

Chloe was the living result of what happened if you had so many secrets.

"Babe, enough," Liam laughed as he took the can of beer from her hands, swapping it for a glass of water Jake quickly poured instead.

"Fuck Wu, you're such a party pooper," Chloe grumbled with her eyes half-closed, her head lolling side to side as she struggled to sit upright--- only to collapse hard onto Jake's sides.

He cautiously readjusted Chloe's head on his shoulders, visibly sighing with exhaustion. How can someone drink this much and the party was just barely getting started?

But the bigger question was, How will I carry her back to the flat without looking like I'm kidnapping her?

Knowing Chloe, she would just scream to play along with the role of a victim, and probably would end up hollering with laughter as Jake was beaten up by some street feminists.

Jake wanted to strangle her sober for being such an extra burden.

"What should we do with this drunk ass? I don't think I can lift her back home." Jake groaned and stretched out his legs, toppling some of the standing plastic figurines off the board game noisily with his shoes.

Chloe upon hearing this, lifted her head and scowled. Her heavy eyelids prevented her from throwing Jake a full piercing glare.

"Hey! That's rude!" Chloe slurred-shout instead, earning an amused nod from Reyna.

"Very rude," Reyna agreed wickedly as she sipped the cup of water, eyes glinting with joy under the light.

"But whatever. Since you--- mopped the most out of us..." Chloe slurred before she pointed her manicured finger dangerously close enough to gauge Jake's eyes out, "... I forgiven you!"

Jake cautiously pushed down her pointed finger as he forced a smile, "Thanks. I guess?"

Chloe nodded sharply once, the bangs sticks on her forehead like a wet curtain as she struggled to stand up, "I feel like.. I wanted to dance. HIT UP THE MUSIC!"

Reyna started to rise from her seat for the stereo, laughing, "I'm on it."

Liam pulled her back down at the same time Jake dragged Chloe accidentally onto his lap out of old habits, causing her to squeak and toppled to the floor with disgust.

"Ew, Jake. It never... happened!" Chloe stuttered aloud while dramatically cringing, causing her not to be focused enough to sit back up straight.

This girl. Jake's expression seemed to say in disbelief.