Chapter Fifteen

Lee busted into my house breathless and hauling a huge suitcase with her. I was so surprised I almost dropped the glass I was holding.

I had texted her less than fifteen minutes ago and it usually took twenty five minutes to get here from her place. Had she flown?

"I'm here, I'm here. But let me catch my breath first." She wheezed out clutching her chest bent over as her other hand held her knee.

"Why are you so out of breath? How did you even get here so fast?" I questioned her as I grabbed the suitcase from where she had dropped it.

She held up one finger asking me to hold on as she caught her breath. I shrugged before placing the suitcase on top of my bed opening it and started placing everything I'd folded inside.

"Okay I'm good now." Lee finally breathed out "I got here as fast I could because you texted me 911 and that's for emergencies only so what's up. Who died?" She asked me.

"There was no emergency Lee. Check my desk." I instructed.

"If there was no real emergency why did you text me 911?"She asked grabbing the envelope with her name.

I didn't answer her, I just hid my smile and watched for her reaction. She took everything out, went through it carefully then returned everything. She did the same with my envelope then went really quiet. I became worried, this was not a normal Lee reaction when she got big news. Then a shrill scream erupted from her tiny body and I knew I had spoken too soon. She then started jumping up and down shouting.

"Lee keep it down. You'll attract attention." I whisper yelled at her.

"Don't you shush me. These documents are everything we need to travel, this saves us weeks of going office to office getting them. Wait a minute. This has Mason Baraka written all over it. Was he here? Is he still here?" She whispered that last part glancing at my bathroom door.

"No Lee he isn't here and this isn't his doing. Okay he had something to do with it. His mother brought them." I explained.

Lee looked shocked for a second before she quickly snapped out of it.

"His mother. Now it kind of makes sense. I saw this really expensive car on my way here, had foreign plates on it. That must have been her." She said

"Probably." I shrugged as I continued packing.

"Oh no! You don't get to just drop that on me and expect me to let it go. Spill." She demanded.

"Okay fine. Get this she came to........" And I narrated the whole ordeal to Lee.

By the time I was done Lee's mouth hang open in shock as she sat in the same spot Marie was seated on less than an hour ago.

"Wow just wow." Lee said shocked.

"That's all you have to say." I asked laughing.

"Give me a minute to process."

"You know this means we don't have to go to Nairobi tomorrow."I mentioned.

"O. M. G your right. So what will we do for the next six weeks?" Lee asked.

"We could go for a mini vacation before we have to leave. Maybe do one of those road trips around the country that we've always talked about. You can even invite Jake. You can can stock up on memories to enjoy while you are apart." I suggested.

Lee stood up and pulled me into a quick hug before kissing my cheek.

"You are a genius and that is one of the many reasons why I love you." she replied excitedly.

In Love With Mr Perfect ✔️ On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara