Chapter Two

The first thing I did as soon as we got into the house was take off my wet muddy shoes and leave them at the door next to my soaking wet backpack. My glasses came off next and after blinking a few times to adjust to the bright lights my eyes were able to make out the ambiance of the room. Let me rephrase that, definitely not a room but a house. There was a plush dark purple rug on the corridor leading all the way to the open plan living room and joint kitchen. Everything was so posh, like way too posh for a campus student.

There were three couches in the living room facing a fifty four inch screen TV and two arm chairs. There was a very expensive looking game console next to the stand holding up the television. I spun around to get a look of the kitchen and it screamed not-lived in. Everything was spotless so I figured he rarely used it. It wasn't too big but it was the perfect size with a fridge, microwave, double sink and wooden cabinets high on the walls and also below the counter tops. There was also one of those four part cookers with an attached oven. The guy was living the dream life.

He came back a few minutes later and I was dumbstruck for a moment. He was gorgeous and coming from a critic like me that was saying something. He was tall around six feet, dark skinned like dark chocolate dark with a mop of curly hair , the darkest eyes I'd ever seen on anyone and visible dimples. Why did God have to give everything to one man? He was also blessed in the muscle department and I was sure if I took a peep under the white T-shirt he was wearing I would see a pair of abs adorning his abdomen.

A hand on my shoulder startled me and I almost jumped. He chuckled lightly at my reaction and it had to be the best thing I have ever heard. Even his laugh sounded deep and husky. Due to the considerable height difference I had to look up at him.

"I'm sorry to startle you but I wanted to give you something to change into. You are soaked." He said and it took me a long second to understand what he had just said.

"I don't think that's a very good idea. I don't know who you are. I don't even know what I'm doing here. Actually you know what, thank you for you kindness. Your momma raised you well but I have to go." I said spinning on my heels towards the door.

Before I could make it far a hand spun me back around. He immediately let me go and raised his hands up in surrender after seeing the dirty look I sent him.

"All I want to do is help, I promise. Just go into the bathroom and change into what I've put out for you and then come back and we will talk." He said sincerely.

I eyed him suspiciously but I was freezing so I decided to take him up on his offer. I left him standing there and headed back to where I had seen him emerge from. I found three doors, two facing each other on different directions and one at the end of the hallway. One was slightly open and my guess was right because it was the bathroom. I close the door behind me before stripping naked and using the towel laid besides the pile of clothes to dry myself. The towel was so soft I almost wept at how good it felt on my skin. I also dried my hair before I looked at the all male clothes laid out for me.

I picked the pair of grey sweatpants and pulled them on. Surprisingly enough they are snug on me but too long so I fold them a little at the bottom. There was also a T-shirt and a hoodie which were both oversize but I still wore them. I washed my inner garments and hang them up on the towel rack, I need them clean for when I wore them again. Nothing was as disgusting as wearing dirty undies. I folded my wet clothes neatly and placed them on the sink before heading out.

I found him seated on the sofa watching something on the TV sipping something hot. I noticed an extra mug on the glass table as I sat next to him. My glasses were neatly placed on the table so I put them back on and was surprised to see that he had cleaned them for me.