Chapter Three

When I woke up the next morning I felt disoriented not knowing where I was. I looked around the room and it hit me where I was. The alarm besides the bed said it was eight in the morning meaning I had an hour to get to practice. Thankfully it had stopped raining and the sun was shining outside. I got out of bed deciding to freshen up before I left but I made sure to make the bed first.

When I opened the door I ran into Mason whose hand was raised to knock.

"Good morning Becca." He greeted looking yummy in some dark jeans, a matching black T-shirt and white socks.

"Morning Mason." I replied locking the door behind me and leaning on it.

"Sleep well?"

"Yeah. Better than I have in a long time." I confessed.

"That's great. Well your clothes are still damp so I laid out fresh ones for you and a new toothbrush. Maybe you can take a shower and join me for breakfast." He requested and before I could reply he had already left.

I wanted to argue with him but I had gone almost a whole day without a smoke and I was experiencing withdrawals. I probably should listened to Lee when she insisted I quit drugs. But I couldn't not when they are so fun and allow me to escape from the cruel world we lived in and a chance to get out of my own head.

I entered the bathroom stripping off all my clothes, tying my braids up into a bun on top of my head and got under the shower. Turning it on I was hit with hot water that immediately relaxed me. I was so tempted to stay in there longer but I didn't want to be late for practice. I used Mason's soap to lather myself up and using my hands to scrub myself down. I didn't want to use Mason's loofah, that would be disgusting.

Feeling fresh and clean I turned off the shower and dried myself up. Thankfully my undies were dry and I wore them before looking at the clothes laid out for me. It was a pair of black sweatpants which fit me because I was thick enough to fill Masons clothes. A white T-shirt was also laid out but it was a bit big on me so I tied it off with a knot on my stomach. He had also given me a pair of black ankle socks which I was very grateful for.

A new toothbrush was laid out for me so I used it to get rid of the foul taste in my mouth. Rinsing out my mouth and toothbrush I looked at myself in the mirror to make sure I looked okay.

Satisfied with what I saw I left the bathroom headed for the kitchen after making sure to fold the clothes he had given me the previous night and place them neatly on the sink.

I found him in the kitchen on his phone.

I stood next to him and he noticed me immediately putting his phone away.

"I've got to say, you look good in my clothes." He complimented and I smiled.

"Thank you." I blushed.

What was with all the blushing around him?

Mason pushed a cup of coffee towards me and I greedily took it taking a sip, holding back the moan as the much needed caffeine hit my system . Top shelf coffee. Why was I not surprised? He then pushed a packet of muffins towards me so I grabbed one.

"Thanks." I mumbled my mouth full with the delicious pastry.

"You're welcome." Mason replied said taking a sip of what I presumed to be tea.

He didn't look like the type to drink coffee and I was right.

After I was done I rinsed out my mug in the sink and went into the living room to grab my glasses.

"So are you headed home or do you have classes today?" Mason asked behind me.

I turned to face him. "I actually have dance rehearsals right now." I replied.