Chapter Thirteen

"Are you sure you're up for class? It's only been a few days since the break up. I'm sure we can skip today. "Lee asked for the hundredth time as we got ready for class.

I rolled my eyes at her "Lee I'll be fine. And we can't miss today. We have practical exams all day." I reminded her.

" Okay fine and don't roll your eyes at me. I'm just worried about you." She defended.

"Yeah I know and I love you for it but Ill be okay. Besides we are coming back here immediately so I'll be okay for a few hours." I reminded her.

"Let's get ready then." Lee replied and we finished getting dressed.

I wasn't sure if I would be okay today after everything that had happened but I had to at least try. Fake it till you make it, as they said. Today we had to perform the dance we had been rehearsing, a short skit with a theme affecting today's society and a themed class poem. It wasn't as easy as it sounded considering each act had a different costume. I hadn't been to rehearsals for the past one week but am sure I would perform okay.

"This is one of my worst days during the semester. We won't get to eat anything and to make it worse we will be on our feet all day." Lee complained as left the house.

I locked the door putting my keys in my backpack. We were each carrying an extra bag with us containing our costumes.

"I actually like today. We get to see what everyone has been working on all semester. It's fun making fun of the first years too and you know it." I replied.

"Yeah you're right. It's always hilarious when they can't seem to find the right costumes for a traditional dance or even worse when they don't know which room they are being examined in." Lee said laughing and I joined her.

Lee and I had decided not to walk to class. It was a long walk and we wanted to save the energy plus if we walked we would be late. So we hailed down two motorbikes and were on our way to class.

We passed by Masons hostel building and I didn't want to look but I looked up at the third floor to see if I would catch a glimpse of him but I wasn't so lucky.

Part of me wished he was miserable like me but another part of me wanted him to fix things with his mother and both of them to be happy. I really wanted to hate Mason but I just couldn't. He was every girls dream guy and he was mine for a while until I lost him. I didn't want to think about him anymore but the more I tried to stop the more I found myself thinking about him all the more. Deep down I knew he would always be a part of me, I just had to find a way to live knowing he was the one thing I desired most in the world but couldn't have.

********************************************

Lee paid for our rides and we joined the rest of our classmate who were huddled outside sitting on the grass under a shady tree. We were the last to arrive and Caleb , our class representative was giving instructions and guidelines for the day. We sat at the very back to avoid being noticed.

"Thank you for gracing us with your presence ladies." Caleb mocked when he noticed us making the whole class turn to look at us.

"Give it a rest Caleb. We are here aren't we." Lee said sitting down besides George.

"Am sorry we are late. Please go on." I apologized before sitting down next to Lee.

Caleb was a prick who always wanted to get into an argument with everyone for any reason he could find. While Lee liked to ruffle his feathers I always did the opposite , kill them with kindness or in this case, him.

"Hi George." I greeted.

"Hey Becca." He replied with a smile.

"Did we miss anything?" Lee asked him.