Chapter Ten

Lee and I we were walking to class after meeting with the Vice chancellor sipping on our freshly blended juice cocktails. The VC just wanted to congratulate us on our very good performance and thank us for building a good name for our university. He also let us know that there maybe a few spots for exchange programmes with a certain university in the UK but the deal wasn't done yet so he would let us know as soon as it was but there was a good chance a few of us would go. He didn't even tell us the name of the university but it was an awesome experience. It would be great to go. He talked a lot more but my mind was elsewhere. This weekend to be exact.

Mason and I had spent the whole weekend in doors and before you get any ideas we didn't do anything besides make out, binge watch shows and stuff ourselves full of food and snacks. We didn't have sex. We both agreed to wait for the right time.

"Okay. I've had enough of this. What is going on in that head of yours?" Lee demanded.

"Mason told me he loved me and and I said it back." I blurted out.

No need of keeping it a secret from Lee. In was incapable of lying to her and she was going to eventually find out anyway.

"What?!" Lee asked in a high pitch voice gathering attention from other people on the road.

"Keep your voice down." I said in a low voice.

"Excuse me but this is a pretty big deal." She replied thankfully in a quieter voice.

"No it isn't." I said avoiding eye contact and taking a huge sip from my drink.

"Yes it is now tell me everything." Lee demanded and I had no choice but to tell her everything.

She looked lost in thought for a while and I became worried. Lee was like a sister to me, actually not like, she was and her opinion mattered to me. I wanted to know what she thought about this. What is too soon? Were we making a mistake? The more silent she got the more worried I became.

"Say something." I whispered.

"Sorry. I just didn't want to say anything because I'd cry. I am just so proud of you B. You deserve to be happy with a guy who knows your worth. I just hope he knows what a rare gem you are because if he ever hurts you I will hurt him. I promise you Lee, if he ever makes you cry I'll make him cry too." She promised and I almost cried too.

"Thanks Lee. That means more to me than anything." I replied and we hugged by the side of the road like maniacs before we pull away sniffling and wiping away our tears.

"Your welcome now let's pass by that new bakery that opened up and spend more of dad's money." She suggested linking our elbows together as we walk towards the bakery.

"And the ice cream shop too. Am craving some pistachio flavored ice cream." I said.

"A lady after my own heart or should I say stomach." She replied and we both laughed.

Now that telling Lee was over and done with I felt relieved. She was happy for me and my happiness was now complete.

*******************************************

I was lying on the couch watching a sitcom on the Tv when I heard Mason open the door. It was Thursday and I'd come here immediately after practice but Mason was still in class so I made some popcorn and made myself at home. I liked having a rich boyfriend, I was kind of rich too after my dad got paid almost half a billion for that land so we were even but being Masons girlfriend had its perks. Yes you had me right, it wasn't exactly half a billion but last I talked to Amos, my eldest brother he spilled the beans. I was shook for a while before I hang up on him and called my mom. I told her that I missed her cooking and she sent me ten thousand shillings to take Lee out for dinner so we could stop missing home. Yeah that proved that we were now loaded, I just split the money with Lee and we called it even.