Chapter 31: Graduation

"Ally,he's here!"I heard my mom scream.

"I'll be down in a minute",I hollered.

I was wearing my shoes,my favorite pair of stilettos. When I was done,I checked my purse to make sure everything was alright, grabbed my graduation cap and run downstairs to meet my boyfriend waiting for me.

He wore his graduation robe over his suit,where else would he wear it.

"We'll be leaving now Mom, bye."

"But won't you have your breakfast?"

"Oh the school took care of that. We'll be served with some during the final rehearsal."

"Oh okay,then I'll see you later."

"Bye Mrs Astley",Ryan said before I pulled him out.

We,the graduating batch,had to be in school a few hours before the actual ceremony commenced to work on the final touches,the batch song,the procession and stuff like that.

*****

The ceremony began after Miss Hanson,the music teacher said the opening prayer.

There was a speech by the principal. Prizes were given to students who excelled marvellously in their subjects. Ryan got two prizes,one in biology and another in math. I had one in chemistry, incredible right.

It was finally time for the presentation of those papers they gave when people were graduating,you know,those cylinder-shaped papers with the ribbon.

Principal Roy mentioned everyone's name and when I heard Miss Allison Astley,my heart skipped a beat. I took a breath and got up. I looked over at where my mom was seated. She was beaming just like a proud mother as she applauded.

I made my way up the podium,took my "thingy" and posed for the camera. With one hand on the paper,and the other shaking Principal Roy's hand,I gave my million dollar smile which I actually do not have so I ended up grinning like a moron.

******

Finally,it was time for the last event.

"We all gathered here today to congratulate our children and students on making it out of high school. It has been a herculean journey but they sailed through and we are all so proud of them", Principal Roy was saying."Now, without further ado,I present the 53rd batch of Westminster High School!"

The curtains dropped revealing the entire batch. We sang our batch song and then as the final act,we threw our caps in the air and caught them.

When everything was over,there were hugs and kisses and congratulations and celebratory sounds everywhere.

My mom hugged me so tight I couldn't breathe. If this is just high school graduation,I wonder what she'll do when I graduate from college.

Ryan said he wanted to take me somewhere. My mom had no problem so in his car,we went.

******

He drove us out of town and parked by the curb. We both got of the car and I followed him as he walked to the back of the car. He lifted me and let me sit on the trunk and did same for himself.

"So....?", I still didn't know why we were here.

"So what?",he asked playing dumb

"Why did we come here?"

"Oh,I just wanted us to watch the sunset from here. Isn't it beautiful?"

I raised an eyebrow, "seriously?!"

"Yes",he looked straight into my eyes and smiled that smile that melted my heart.

"I also wanted to tell you something."

"Okay tell me. I'm listening."

He jumped down and held both my hands. He was positioned such that he was facing me and we were gazing into each other's eyes.

"No matter what happens,Allison,I'll always be by your side. Even if we get separated,I will always keep in touch. I will never forget you,I promise you that."

It was as if he knew I was afraid we might never see each other again if we go to separate colleges.

"You promise?"

"I promise",he affirmed

I smiled

"I love you Allison"

"I love you too Ryan."

He kissed me slowly and passionately under the sunset and it was the most magical thing that I had ever felt.

******
Hey again.

So the next chapter will be the final chapter of "The New Girl"
It was short,I know but I gave myself a limit because it's my first story and I was just trying.

Please don't forget to vote and thanks for reading this far.

- Jessi