Chapter 9: Screw Chemistry,I Love Hot Chocolate

"Good morning,class"

"Good morning,Mr Parker"

"You will be starting work on your assessment next week. Meanwhile,Miss McCoy, Miss Astley,Miss Smith and Mr Woods,see me after class. Shall we continue with today's lesson"

***
After chemistry was lunch. When the bell rang, everyone went out except Ryan, Rosalyn, Dionne and I. I wonder why Mr Parker called us.

"Um..hi Mr Parker. You asked us to come see you after class", Ryan spoke up.

"Yes,I did. So there has been a change in your partnership arrangements. And this is coming from above. I mean the Principal." Okay...so apparently,the principal decided not to pair Dionne and I up as our punishment. Great!

"So now,Ryan, you're with Allison and Rosalyn is with Dionne".

"I'm with Dionne? Wow, that's nice",that was Rosalyn. She seemed excited. It appears she's also one of the people who "worship" miss queen bee.

"Uggh...how come Allison gets to be with Ryan?", Dionne was certainly not happy with the way things turned out.

"Like I said yesterday, Ms McCoy,I am the teacher and I decide who should be paired with who. Now, you can all go for lunch."
Fine minutes of lunch time had already passed but who cares. My nightmare had ended before it even began. I'm not Dionne's partner any more. I could do my happy dance right now,but I just did it in my head.

"Hey Jennifer"

"You seem happy,what did Mr Parker say?"

"Guess what"

"What?"

"I'm not paired with Dionne McCoy anymore. Isn't that great?"

"Wow, good for you. So who are you paired with then?"

"Ryan"

"Whoa, you got paired with Ryan Woods?!"

"Err..yes. What's the big deal?"

"What's the big deal?! Your partner is Ryan Woods,do you know the number of people who are dying to be in your place right now?"

"Ok,fine. I've been lucky. Now, let's eat. Enough time has been wasted already." With that, I bit into my sandwich.

"Hi Jennifer", I looked up,it was Spencer.

"Hey Spencer, how're you?"

"I'm good, you?"

"I'm fine."

"Cool,so I wanted to..um... find out if we could hang out sometime to see how we can plan our project."

"Sure, whenever you're free."

"Cool. Then I'll see you around."

"Yeah."

Jennifer looked at me. I was wiggling my eyebrows at her.

"What?"

"Did he just ask you out on a date?"

"No!",she began to eat, we're just gonna be working on our project

"If you say so, Jenny."

"Oh yes,I almost forgot. My car broke down and it's at the mechanic's. So my mom is gonna pick me up after school today. She can take you home too"

"Oh, don't worry about it. I'll just call my mom to come pick me up."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"Okay then"

********
After school,I called Mom to come pick me up but she said she was really busy so I should find another way to get home. Jenny had already left with her mom so I contemplated walking. Just then,it started to rain. Just great!

"You need a ride?", I turned to see Ryan in his car. Here was an angel sent from God.

"Yes,I do need a ride"

"Hop in"

"Thanks",I said after wearing my seatbelt.

"No problem". He was driving in silence for a while and then he spoke up.

"Wanna go get a drink?"

"Um...sure"

He pulled up at a café close by. I ordered hot chocolate with whipped cream and he just ordered coffee. We started talking and I got to know stuff about him. He really loves to play football,of course, he's the captain of the football team. His dad's a business man and he is almost always out of town. He likes reading - like me. We were at the café for almost an hour.

"Well, it's getting late. I should get you home".

"Yeah",I agreed.

It had stopped raining by the time we stepped out of the café.

"You know,you didn't give me your address"

"Oh yeah, sorry about that."I told him the address and he nodded. He pull over in front of my house and I got out.

"Thanks again for the ride,and the hot chocolate."

"It was my pleasure."

"Bye Ryan"

"Bye Allison."

"You can call me Ally."

"Okay then,see you tomorrow Ally."

"Yeah."

*****
So that was chapter 9,I hope you liked it. The next chapter is fast forwarded to a weekend in November. Thanks for reading. Please don't forget to vote and comment. It means a lot.

- Jessi