Chapter 16: Matters of the Heart

It was Sunday morning. I woke up to the aroma of apple pie. I jumped out of bed to the kitchen and I was right. Mom was baking apple pie,my favorite.

"Good morning, Mom."

"Good morning, sweetie."

"Whatcha making?"I don't even know why I asked since I already knew.

"Apple pie"

"Smells yummy"

"Yup. Now go and freshen up and come down for breakfast."

After breakfast,I had pretty much nothing to do so I called Jenny. She couldn't come over because she was busy with something so we just talked over the phone. I was watching a movie when I phone rang. It was Ryan. After that incident that happened after the dance,I don't know but I felt myself getting more and more attracted to him. This was the first time I had felt this way. I told my mom about it and she was super excited. I think Ryan made a great first impression on her when he picked me up for the dance.

"Hey Ryan",I answered,"What's up?"

"Nothing much. How're you?"

"I'm fine."

"That's good. Are you busy?"

"Not really,why?"

"Well, I...... would you like to go somewhere?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Nice. I'll pick you up in fifteen minutes. It's pretty cold outside so wear something warm."

"Okay,see you."

"Yeah". I hang up.

I wore a pair of  black leggings with an oversized hoodie and my white sneakers. But I still took my jacket just in case. True to his word, Ryan's car was in front of my house in fifteen minutes. I told my mom I was going out and ran out the door before Ryan honked again.

"Hey",I greeted once I had buckled up my seat belt.

"Hi. Nice outfit."

"Thanks. So where are we going?"

"Oh,just a park I used to go to."

"Okay......"

When we got to the park,it was deserted.  The park also had a playground. It was snowing mildly so the grass was covered in a film of snow.

"So why'd you bring me here, Ryan?"

"I used to come here a lot when I was younger. It was my favorite place."

"That's nice."

"Yeah. Wanna get on the swings?"

Sure. We played on the swings for a while,then the merry-go-round and the monkey bars. I was really having a lot of fun. All that playing and swinging made us a little tired so we decided to sit down on the lovers bench.

"That was so fun. We should do it again some other time",I suggested.

"Definitely. Are you hungry?"

"No...just a little thirsty."

"Wanna get some coffee?"

"Sure."

We went to the café opposite the park. I ordered hot chocolate,of course. Ryan took black coffee. We got some cookies with our beverages. We decided to sit outside despite the cold. There was silence as we had our drinks until Ryan broke it.

"Ally, can I....I want to tell you something". That raised an eyebrow.

"Yes,I'm listening."

"Allison, I....I think I like you". I spat out what was in my mouth. Well,that was a shock.

"Wh....what?"

"I like you, Allison. I've liked you since the first time I saw you at your lunch table with Jennifer. I don't know,but you're different,in a good way of course." Oh my God! Should I tell him I kinda like him too? My mind is telling me that this might not end well but my heart is telling me otherwise. I decided to let him finish speaking first. "After that kiss,I couldn't stop thinking about you. Allison, I've never felt this way before. Ally,say something."

"I....I don't know what to say. I also have some...... weird feelings for you". No,no,no. Mouth, stop talking!"After that kiss, I've been getting more and more attracted to you."

"Really? You don't know how happy you've made me by saying that. Allison....."

"Yes?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?" My eyes grew wider. I did not see that coming. It all seemed to be happening too soon.

"Yes", I can't believe I just said that. Why is my mouth acting on impulse today? It seems to be listening to my heart and not my brain.

"Yes,yes,you said yes".You should have seen the look on his face when I said just that three-letter word. It was as if he had won a lottery. I was happy as well. I still couldn't believe this was actually happening. He leaned in and kissed me,I didn't refuse and once more,I felt the magic that happened that night. I'm guessing this is going to be happening often,since I'm now his girlfriend. Wait a minute,I have a boyfriend! My first ever boyfriend. I can't imagine Jenny's reaction when I tell her. She's literally going to faint.

After everything was over,and we paid for the hot chocolate and coffee, Ryan took me home. When we got to my house,I unbuckled my seatbelt and was about to get out of the car when he said,"Bye Allison"

"Bye Ryan"

He kissed me again and I smiled.
Jeez Louise,I have a boyfriend!

******
Another bang. Hope y'all loved it. Please don't be silent readers, comment,tell me what you think and vote for it. Oh and if you're really loving the story, please share it for others to read as well.

Picture of Ally's outfit below

Thanks for reading

- Jessi