Chapter 2: Meet the drama queen

I walk into the labyrinthine hallway. There are so many curves and students that I don't even know where to pass. My mom told me to go to the administrative office to get my timetable and other information but I don't know where it is. I decide to ask one of the students.

"Excuse me, where's the administrative office", I ask a brunette girl.

"Just walk to the end of the hallway and turn right. It's the first door to the right."

"Thanks a lot".

I follow the directions and get to a room which has a poster on the door that reads 'ADMINISTRATION' . After knocking gently, I enter and meet a young lady seated behind a desk.

"Good morning, ma'am. I'm Allison Astley, the new student."

"Oh, good morning. Here's your timetable. Go to the principal's office. He'll tell you what to do."

"Ok, thank you."

I already know where the principal's office is. It's opposite the administrative office. I saw it before entering. I walk out and again knock gently on the principal's door. After hearing a come in , I enter and greet. A man who may be in his fifty's is seated across from me wearing glasses and looks up at me.

"Good morning,sir. I'm Allison Astley, the new student."

"Hi, Allison. Come in. I'm Principal Roy. I'm sure you have been given your timetable."

"Yes, sir."

"That's good. Please, have a seat."

I sat down on one of the chairs while he makes a phone call.

"Good morning, Mr Smith. Can you please send Jennifer Simmons to my office right now? Thank you."

He hang up and in about five minutes,a girl who was about my age with short dark hair and brown eyes knocked and entered his office.

"Good morning, sir. You called for me."

"Yes. Ms Simmons, this is Allison Astley. She's a new student and since you both are in the same class and have the same lessons and classes together, you can be her new friend and show her around."

"Umm, o-ok sir"

"Great. Ms Astley, she will be your buddy for the next few weeks. Now, both of you, out of my office!"

Wow, that was rude. Anyway, I have a new buddy now thanks to Principal Roy. That's a start.

"Um Allison right."

"Huh," I respond snapping out of my thoughts.

"Um,yes and you're Jennifer. Am I right."

" Yes. I'm Jennifer, Jennifer Simmons. But everyone calls me Jenny."

"Oh ok, Jenny. You can call me Ally too."

"Cool. Now let's hurry. Our first class starts in five minutes. We'll be late."

"Ok. English literature, right?"

"Right and if we're late, Mr Martin will deal with us."

"Then we better hurry".

"Yeah."

**********
"Before we proceed with the lesson, we have a new student. Ms Allison Astley, can you please come up here and introduce yourself" , Mr Martin announced.

"Uh, um okay."

"Great. Come up here"

"Ok"

I walked up to the front of the class and let out a sigh.