Chapter 13: My Water's Pure But Queen Bee's Actions Are Not

"Good morning everyone. I'm Allison and he's Ryan. We have been working on various acid and base indicators for this project. But our focus today is on litmus paper, phenolphthalein,red cabbage juice and methyl orange. All these indicators change colour when dipped in liquids of different pH. Litmus paper for instance can be red or blue depending on the pH of the liquid..........."

At the end of the period, Ryan and I had A+. Jennifer and Spencer had A- and Lionel and Tracy had A+ as well. As for Dionne and Rosalyn,they landed a C. I guess Mr Parker decided to be generous with the grades.

During lunchtime,I congratulated Spencer and Lionel. I had congratulated Jenny and Ryan already.

"Hey,Jenny"

"Yeah?"

"I was thinking, maybe we could have movie night tonight. We've not done it before and I think it'll help us,you know,our bond become stronger."

"Wow, that's a really cool idea. Why didn't I think of that?"

"Haha. Oh Jennifer"

"What? Wait,we can even have a sleepover"

"Yeah, that would be nice. I'm sure my mom won't have a problem."

"Mine won't have a problem either. Let's see,I'll be at your place at 5?"

"Whoa, relax. We'll discuss that later. For now, let's eat.'

It seemed word had gotten out that Ryan Woods was going to the winter dance with me because almost every girl in the whole school was staring at me with jealousy anytime I passed by. So I kinda expected it when Dionne and her minions came to my table.

"What do you want, Dionne?"

"Oh nothing. I just wanted to congratulate you on your grade,you know,the chemistry project."Jenny faked a cough

"You and I know that's not true so just tell me already,why you've decided to ruin my lunch."

"So our Miss here is pretty smart,huh. You're right,I'm not here to congratulate you",she said using her fingers to make quotation marks in the air when she said "congratulate".

"So then what are you here for?"

"This." She took my glass of water and dumped it on my head. The water trickled down, wetting my hair and my top.

"Goddamn it. Dionne,you're....Uggh!!!"I can't believe she just did that.

"Well,that will teach you to stay in your lane. Don't involve yourself with Ryan. He's mine!"

"Oh I get it now. You're just jealous Ryan asked me to be his date and not you"

"Oh please,why would I be jealous? Much more,of you?"

"Don't mind her, Ally. She's just trying to get on your nerves", Jenny spoke for the first time since the quarrel began.

"Well, Jenny,she has already."

I looked at Dionne and she had a smirk on her face. She looked me in the eye,"Let's go girls". With that she sashayed off.

"Don't mind her, Ally. Luckily,I have an extra t-shirt in my locker so hurry up and freshen up before the next lesson."

"Aw, thanks Jenny. What would I do without you?"

"Nothing?"I laughed."Ok,now hurry up. The bell will go off anytime soon. If you aren't back by the time lunch is over,I'll cover for you."

"Thank you, Jennifer"

"There's no need. Now go"

*****
Thanks for reading. Please, don't forget to vote

- Jessi