Chapter 27: Dresses and Matching Purses

"Hey Ally. Did you do your chemistry homework?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"I wasn't able to solve question 4. Would you mind explaining it to me before class begins."

"Sure. I think we have about 20 minutes."

The equation was confusing but there was a trick to balancing it. I learnt it at my previous school.

After I was done explaining,she corrected herself and we hurried to class.

***Lunch Time****

"Ally,do you have your dress ready?"

"Which dress?"

"You know...for prom"

"Oh yeah, I forgot. I'll think I'll go buy one tomorrow"

"Great! I'm going to buy mine tomorrow as well. We'll go together."

"Sounds good"

"Why hello there." Dionne!!

"What do you want?" Jennifer asked

"Oh nothing. Just to remind you, you're losers", she said it so lovingly you would think she was an angel but she was anything but that

"Even if we're losers,we don't go about sleeping around with anything in trousers", Jenny gave her a comeback

"Ouch",I covered my mouth to prevent me from laughing and I'm sure it annoyed Dionne so much.

"Who do you think you are? Oh, because you're Ryan's girlfriend,you think you own the school",she was referring to me.

"But I didn't do anything, McCoy. You're the one seeking for trouble."

"Oh really"

"I get it. You're jealous"

"Oh please, jealous of what. Wait, jealous of you?" She huffed

"Jealous that Ryan chose me. Jealous that Ryan's going to prom with me."

"Oh we'll see about that." Then she sashayed off.

"Don't worry about her. There's nothing she can do"

"I really hope so, Jenny"

The bell rang and we hurried to class.

*****

"Allyyyyyy,I can't find the dress",she was almost pouting. I ended up laughing at her puckered lips.

"Ok let's ask the sales lady,just like the last time, except this time,she's going to help you find a dress.

"Haha, yeah. Unlike last time"

I heard this year's prom was going to be formal,with ballgowns and everything. Jenny insisted we got really elegant gowns since we were seniors. I found the perfect dress. It was a flowing gown. From the waist down was black and the torso was a shade of gold with black patterns on it. I usually didn't fancy black dresses but this one was exceptional.

Enough about my dress,let's go find one for the lady called Jennifer Simmons who happens to be my best friend.

After two hours of searching and changing and finding matching purses and shoes,she finally settled on one. It was simple but beautiful. It had two shades of blue,a dark blue shade flowing into a royal blue one. It had one hand and the waist was accessorised with white crystals. I almost begged her to let me wear it instead.

We payed for the dresses and left the store. They cost us a little fortune but who cares it's our senior prom.

****PROM NIGHT***

"Ally, Ryan's here."

"I'll be down in a minute",I shouted

I perfected my makeup and hair,put my chapstick in my purse and hurried downstairs. When I got to the living room,both my mom and Ryan were practically gaping. I looked down shyly and smiled.

"Sweety,you look beautiful",my mom complimented.

"Thanks Mom."

Ryan still couldn't take his eyes off me and it made my cheeks heat up

"Okay,the two of you,now pose for the camera. This is definitely going in the family album."

We posed, Ryan's arm was around my waist but not so tight and I clutched my purse.

"Smile",I gave a lopsided grin. Was Ryan a supermodel or something? His smile was just perfect.

"You two,have a great time. Aw,I can't believe you're going to your senior prom. You're all grown up now."

"Oh mom"

"But don't forget,your curfew is at 2am."

"Mom",I almost grumbled. She just smiled and said,"I love you, hunny"

******

The school cafeteria once again,was turned into a ballroom. But I must say,this time,the decorations were flawless, it all looked surreal,like a Cinderella movie. There were ballroom lights and the circular dancefloor and everything. The gowns were all so pretty.

I spotted Jennifer and Spencer. Her gown was spectacular. Spencer was in a tux with a tie that matched Jenny's dress. They look so cute together.

The boys went to greet some of their friends.

"Hey you",she was checking out my dress. "Stop! Can we exchange gowns,pleaaaaase"

We both snickered,"you don't look so bad yourself, Jennifer."

"So I look bad?"

I mentally face palmed myself, "No,not at all. You look amazing"

"Aww, thanks Allison. I'm blushing",she faked a tear

No,you aren't,I giggled and she grinned.

"Ok let's go get something to drink"

"Sure"

*****

We had a couple of dances before Ryan excused himself to go to the washroom.

He was keeping too long so I decided to go and check. It was a bad idea.

I strolled down the hallway making my way to the washrooms when I heard sounds coming from the boys washroom.

I shouldn't have entered because I definitely wasn't prepared for the sight that awaited me.

******

Hey guys.
If you love the story, please hit the star button below and don't forget to share.

Jennifer's dress below

Thanks for reading

- Jessi