Chapter 7: Food fight!

"Lit was so boring, I kept looking at the clock every two minutes. Why does it have to be before lunch?" Jennifer complained.
She was right, I almost fell asleep and I guess the whole class was bored too because immediately the bell went off, everyone dashed out of the room.
Just then I needed to use the washroom.
"Um, Jenny. I'm going to the restroom. Go ahead,I'll be right back"

"Sure,I'll be at our table".

After I did my business, which didn't take long, I got my lunch and headed to the table Jenny and I sit at everyday.

"Well,well,if it isn't the loser"

"Leave me alone, Dionne"

"But I haven't done anything yet, darling"

That gave me a feeling she's going to do something. The last time she said that, I ended up getting food on my face. Just then, something hit my nose

"Ow!",it was a muffin. Dionne threw it at me

I was so angry,I took my apple and threw it at her forehead.

"Food fight!!!!", someone screamed from the back corner and that was how world war III began. There were pies,cans, potatoes,apples and even bones flying everywhere.

"What's going on here?",demanded a very angry Principal Roy. Uh ohh. I'm in trouble

Everyone dropped what they had in their hands except me and Dionne,I had a banana in my hand and Dionne had a muffin,she really does like throwing muffins.

"Um, Principal Roy, Allison threw an apple at me."Uggh, Dionne!

"No I didn't,Principal Roy, Dionne threw a muffin at me first."

"Principal Roy,she's lying."

"No, you're lying."

"No, you're lying. Look, you even have a banana in your hand."Shoot! I forgot to drop it

"Um,fine,I have a fruit in my hand but I didn't start the food fight."

"Enough!",that was the principal,"Miss  McCoy and Miss Astley,you have detention today. Now get to class."

"Wait, Principal Roy,I started the fight not Allison",I turned. Ryan,he took the blame. Why would he do that? But right now I am so frustrated,I don't feel like bailing him out. If he wants to get into trouble,he's welcome.

"Ryan! Principal Roy,he didn't do it,I started the whole thing". Dionne,she confessed.

"Oh boy,so why did you lie to me? You all still have detention,all three of you but Miss McCoy,you have detention the entire week."

"But,but... "Dionne stammered. I wanted to laugh but I suppressed it.

"No buts, that's final. Now get to class,all of you."

Just great, now I have detention,how am I supposed to explain to mom that I've been punished for what I didn't start. I hurried to class to avoid any more drama.

************
At detention,I decided to work on my biology homework. I came in first. After a few minutes, Ryan entered.

"Hey"

"Hi",I replied. "Thanks for.... taking the blame, even though it didn't help by getting you into trouble too."

"Haha,it was nothing."

"If you say so."

He sat at the desk at my immediate right and pulled out his calculus textbook. Almost immediately,our supervisor,Miss Matthews came in.

"Good afternoon"

"Good afternoon, Miss Matthews."

"You were supposed to be three, who's not in?"

Apparently,we were the only three given detention today. Lucky us.

"Uh, Miss Matthews, Dionne is not in yet", I told her. I doubt if she'll even show up.

The door banged. Dionne sashayed in. Wow,I thought she wouldn't come.

"Miss McCoy,you are late!"

"Miss Matthews, there was an emergency."

"You should have told the secretary."

"I'm sorry,it won't happen again"

"I hope so. Now get seated. Detention has started already."

She turned and glared at me. I could see she wasn't happy Ryan was seated close to me but I didn't care. She already got me into trouble. After shooting bullets at me with her eyes,she sat next to Ryan.

"Oh hey Ryan", she chirped in a fake voice with a fake smile plastered across her face. That disgusted me,she tried to flirt with him, even at detention. Unbelievable! No, actually it's not. It's Dionne I'm talking about here. Well,Ryan replied with a quick hi. I could tell she was bummed because she didn't continue talking.

Detention passed by not so quickly but at least it didn't drag. I called my mom to come pick me up. I called her earlier and told her I had detention but I didn't tell her why. She did ask and I told her I'll talk about it later. After, I called Jennifer. She even wanted to join me in the detention room but I told her to go home. What a friend I got.

***********
Hey guys. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please,vote and comment. It means a lot. Thanks

-Jessi