Chapter 14: Movie Night and Dress Shopping

After school,I got all the things needed for I and Jennifer's sleepover. I got some snacks: potato chips, gummy bears and biscuits, some crackers. I put some cans of soda in the fridge as well. I didn't forget the movies. As expected,mom didn't have a problem. She was even more excited than me since I hadn't had a sleepover at home in ages and that made it easier to convince her to allow me to take the TV up to my room. It was so heavy,but I did it and I was proud of myself. Yeah,I know,I have some issues.

At 4:58,the doorbell rang. I opened it to meet a super excited Jennifer.

"Hiiiii Allison!!"

"You're two minutes early". She just grinned,a really huge grin might I add."Whoaa, relax, it's just a sleepover".

"It's not just a sleepover. It's our first sleepover since we became best friends."

"Ok then,come on in".

"Oh, I will". I laughed.

We went up to my room and Jennifer started filling me in on all the gossip around town. I wonder how she gets all that information. As we talked,she painted my nails and then hers. Soon enough,it was almost time for us to watch our movie.

"Jenny, will you choose the movie or I should?"

"I'll choose."

"Okay, I'll choose the next one. I'm going to get the popcorn." I'm a pro in making microwaveable popcorn.

"That's fine by me."

When I got back,she had chosen "The Twilight saga: New Moon". I could tell she had watched it a thousand times over. I put it in and soon the movie began. When it was over,she suggested,no begged that we watched "The Fault in our Stars". I eventually gave in,but not after we made a deal that at our next movie night,I'm choosing the movies. I think we both fell asleep because I woke up around 1:30 am to switch off the TV.

*******

"Good morning, Jenny". I woke up before her.

"Morning, Allison". She smelled her morning breath and made a face. "I've got to freshen up".

"Yeah. After,we can go make breakfast. My mom has left for work already."

"Okay"

We decided to have waffles  and syrup for breakfast. While we were at it, Jennifer spoke up.
"Hey Ally"

"Yeah"

"You haven't shown me your dress yet."

"Which dress?"

"For the dance"

"Oh shoot!"

"Why?"

"I forgot to get one".

"Are you kidding me?"

"Seriously,I forgot."

"Well, there's no more time to lose. Hurry up. We are going dress shopping."

"Haha, okay then".

In about an hour,we were at the dress section of the mall. I tried on most of the dresses but they were either too small,too big,too long or too extravagant. After a while,we were getting tired.

"Jenny, it's fine. I'll just ask my mom for a dress". At first she didn't agree but she eventually gave in. Just as we were leaving,the sales person came to us. Her name tag said her name was Gwen.
"How may I help you girls?"

"Oh, it's fine. We didn't get what we were looking for so we're leaving".

"I think I can help. What are you looking for?"

"Just a dress for a dance."

"Any color in mind?"

"Blue, please."

"I have just the dress. I'll be right back."

In a few minutes,she came back with a sleeveless royal blue dress. The lower part was flair and it had a tail. The waistband was covered with crystals.

"Wow! It's so beautiful", Jenny squealed. Hurry up and try it on.

Okay. After trying on the dress,I looked at the mirror. The first thing that came to mind was "wow". When I stepped out,both Jenny and Gwen practically had their jaws dropping.

"Allison,you look amazing."

"I know right."

"So you're taking it?", Gwen asked.

"Oh, we're definitely taking it",Jenny answered.

I looked at the price tag and it was just within the range I was looking for. I paid for the dress and we had lunch at a restaurant nearby. After,Jenny dropped me home before going home herself. I must say,the sleepover-come-shopping spree was really fun.

******
Hey guys,I'm sorry if I didn't update early enough. But I hope you loved this chapter.
Chapter 15 is gonna be steamy. *smirking*. Be expecting it soon

The picture of Allison's dress is below

Please let me know what you think of this chapter by commenting and don't forget to hit the vote button. Thanks for reading

-Jessi