20.Tangled Threads

Começar do início

Eishal looked at him With wide eyes but he ignored her astonishment and sauntered towards his room to fetch his briefcase.

Eishal suddenly felt like hitting herself for her childish act and ashamed at herself, her eyes brimmed with tears.

'I' m such a bad wife.' She mumbled before crying loudly.

When Uzair came downstairs, he heard her crying and stormed towards her worriedly.

"Eishal, what happened?" He worriedly asked her, sitting beside her and cupping her tears drenched cheeks.

"I'm sorry, You had to drink such a bad tea." She apologized in between her crying and put her head on his shoulder.

For few seconds he stilled on his place hearing her reason and composing himself he pulled back and cupped her cheeks.
"Shhh, I can't see you crying." He said and picked her tears with his lips.

She stopped crying feeling his ocean of love for her.

"I will make you delicious food always doesn't matter if you wake me up in the middle of the night." She said in a promising tone whilst peeking in his orbs which were reflecting her image.

"Whatever you make for me with your beautiful hand is delicious." He said kissing her palms making her smile.

"You are getting late."Eishal said freeing her hand.

"OK wifey meet you in the evening." He said standing up reluctantly and walked out giving her goodbye kiss.

She sighed and marched for the bedroom to freshen up.

****<*****>****

"You called me nana jaan?" She said sitting in front of him.

"Hm." He hummed and closed the book he was reading.

"Do you want to tell me anything?" He asked her whilst scrutinizing his gaze on her.

Isra for few seconds went awry but nonetheless composing herself she nodded. She was intelligent enough to know that her little secret is no more secret for her grandfather.

"I rethought about the proposal..... Aaaannd I think I don't have any problem with it."She completed her speech whilst fidgeting with her fingers.

An involuntary smile etched on Zulfiqar's lips.

" May I know the reason behind your change of heart?"He asked her, examining her nervous features which were so much alike to his daughter.

She nodded and narrated the whole incident she came across.

" Hmm."He Hummed understandingly and again opened his book dismissing her indirectly.

" So..... What should I think?Will you give me your grandson?" She asked after few seconds of silence taking Zulfiqar Ali Shah off guard.

He narrowed his eyes at her boldness but thinking that she has spent her life in a very liberal environment, he let it go.

" Why are you in hurry kid? You will know soon."He said giving nothing out.

She sighed and left his room with uncertainty floating in her orbs.

****<*****>****

" Wow! You called me for the first time. What should I do to celebrate this lucky day."She heard his delightful chirp after the second bell.

"I've passed my 12th board. You forgot, today was the result day."She informed and ended up complaining.

He bit his tongue on his forgetfulness but anyway congratulated her and asked her score whilst busy checking her result in his tab. He had pdf of her documents so it wasn't hard for him.

His eyes widened.
" You said you passed." She was informing him about her today's plan when he cut her in the middle.

"Yes, why?" She asked confusingly.

"You idiot, you have topped in your district and here you were sharing half of your happiness with me." He chided her.

"Sorry." She instantly apologised because she never liked to make him upset.

"I'm so proud of you." He delightfully spoke making her heart sore with happiness.

He sounded more happy than her and it made her feel special.

Asslam-o-Alaikum and hello everyone ❤️

How are you all?