Chapter 21

This story will begin to get closer to the end do to my writers block and lack of ideas. Plus my very big urge to start an other story. Okay so enjoy!

*****************************************************

"It's going to be okay." I say holding on to her.

"How? he won't want it." She says wiping her tears.

She sits up next to me and looks at me with her red eyes, "James won't want it."

My stomach churns at the thought. I love James, he's nice and funny but I know he probably won't want her kid. I can't tell her he will when I know, I just have to be there for my friend.

"You still have to tell him, then leave his ass." I say.

She nods slowly and wipes at her nose, "Okay." She says sitting straight.

"May I tell Jake so he doesn't have to be in the room?" I ask.

She nods, "I'm telling him tomorrow at eight." She says.

I nod and watch her stand and gather her things, "What're you doing?" I ask.

"Packing, I want a stable life for my child." She says.

I lay down and fall asleep surprisingly. 

When I wake up it's twelve in the afternoon. I get up and take a quick shower and brush my hair and teeth. When I walk over to Jake's door they're talking again.

"Just ask her out."

"She has a boyfriend James!"

"Maybe she has a little thing for you."

"If I ask her out will you at least stop with all of this?"

"yeah."

"I won't have to worry, after I go out with her she'll probably hate me anyways."

"Shut up dude."

I hear a smack and I cringe at the thought. I knock on the door lightly and the door opens slowly. 

"Hey, Jake come on." I say.

"Oh, okay?" He asks.

"I need to talk to you and you won't want to be here soon." I say.

He waves at James and walks out the door toward me. As we walk down the hall I replay their conversation in my head. He looks over at me with a warm smile.

"Got something on your mind?" He asks.

"Just what's about to go down." I lie.

When we get outside of the building I stop and sit on the bench, "This is far enough." I say. 

He sits next to me in silence, "Okay," I begin, "Kelsey, is pregnant."

"What!" He shoots forward.

"And she's about to go tell him knowing he won't be in it's life." I say calmly.

"Shit!" He yells.

I nod and look at my palms, my hands are really pale. He rocks back and forth on the bench, I look over at him and he stops.

"Sorry." He says.

"It's okay I know he's your friend." I say.

"If he wasn't such a player he wouldn't be here." He groans.

"Just relax, Kelsey's moving." I say.

"Really?" He groans, "Who's going to be your roommate?"

"That's what I have to figure out." I say standing.

My phone buzzes in my pocket, I pull it out and read Kelsey. I show the screen to Jake and he frowns.

"Hey?" I say.

"It's done, I'm going to walk out the front door now." She says.

I hang up when I see her open the door in front of us with her suitcases. I quickly get up and hug her tightly. 

"I love you girl." She says.

"Be careful, I know you'll be a great mother." I say.

She pulls away and gets into the cab while waving. Jake stands behind me while placing his hand on my shoulder. I turn around and his hand slides down my shoulder, he smiles sadly. 

"Come on." He says.

I follow him back to his room where James sits on the floor with his head in his hands. When I sigh he looks up at us with red eyes.

"Guys." He groans.

We rush down to him and hug him gently. He doesn't deserve it but we are his friends even with his stupid ass decisions. 

"I'm going to go to sleep." He says standing. 

I watch him sit on the bed and I get up quickly to walk toward the door. It's already dark out and it's beginning to get cold. 

I see James make wide eyes at Jake and he nods sadly. He turns towards me and stares for a minute.

"Leah, do you wanna go somewhere right now?" He asks.

"Sure." I say not thinking anything of it.

His face lights up and James fist bumps him leaving me confused. I walk out to his car and get in as he does the same. He smiles at me before driving, he pulls up to an old shed.

"This gives me horror movie vibes." I say laughing.

"Don't worry." He says smiling.

As we get out he leads me inside of the shed and grabs two rugs. He walks out the other door and down to a small beach. I watch as he lays then next to each other, I sit on the one next to him. He points up to the sky and I see all of the beautiful stars. 

That's when it hit me.

I was the girl he was talking about with James.

Oh no.

I'm literally about to break this guy. This should all make me have butterflies and I should find him cute but I don't 

I see him as my friend and that's all. I love Liam.

I sit in criss-cross apple sauce while staring up at the stars. He moves over to my big rug and sits in front of me. 

"Look." he says opening his hand.

Three rocks sit in his palm and they glow when the moon light hits them.

"Wow, that's cool." I say.

"Yeah, I thought so." He says smiling.

He looks me in the eyes while smirking I smile back feeling weird. He leans forward and presses his lips against mine. I instantly pull away and look at his pale face.

"Shit, sorry, just I-"

"It's okay, I just-" I get cut off.

"You don't like me that way." He finishes for me.

I nod slowly feeling bad for him. I stand and walk back through the shed and to his car. I can't sit in complete awkwardness and see his sad face. 

When we get back I quickly head to my room. 

A month goes by and me and Jake figured everything out, I set him up with a girl I met. He seemed to really like her and that made me happy. The people at the college said they hadn't got any applications for any one to take my roommate slot. I enjoyed the big room but I still missed Kelsey.