Chapter 20

After getting the ink that's now in my skin forever wiped and cleaned I stand with Liam's help.

"Thank you for letting me do this." I say.

"I didn't really." He says earning an eye roll.

He takes my hand as we walk out and some one bumps their shoulder hard against mine.

"Whoops, didn't think I'd see you here." She says.

I take a glance at her face, of course it's the girl from school. I toss my head back with a quiet groan of annoyance.

"Back  for round two?" I growl.

"No, just getting some ink." She says.

I walk past her and down the steps of the shop, "What's that about?" Liam asks.

"Remember how I told you I socked some one?" I ask.

He stops with a smirk, "That's her?" He asks.

I nod and get into the car, it's really hot so I roll down my window. Looking over at Liam as he slips his shirt over his head.

"What?" He asks, "I'm hot." 

I shake my head and continue to stare at his perfect body. When we get on the road I just stare at my ankle where the L will for ever be. 

"You like it?" He asks.

"Of course." I say. 

"It matches mine." He says.

I just realized that, wow. It's kind of a weird convenience. When we get back Liam explains that he has to go back to Utah. We hug and kiss to say goodbye, when the door closes behind him tears prick my eyes. I plop on my comfy bed and bury my head into my pillows, just then the door swings open and Kels barges in.

"Awwe, he left?" She asks.

I nod and groan into my pillow, "Do you think it's too hard to be with some one long distance?" 

she stays quiet while letting me continue.

"No matter how much you may love them?" I say.

"I think if you're somewhere and trying to focus on one thing without it being too stressful, yes." She says quietly, "But, I also believe if you truly DO love each other, you can wait for each other."

I sit up to look at her, "Thank you." I say.

As much as I don't want to break up with him, I really do need to focus. Not to mention the night mares I have when he isn't around. I pull my phone out and dial his number.

After talking for hours on how this will happen, we broke up. I felt a hole open in my heart even through I know I truly didn't lose him. At least I hope so. I walk toward the door while shoving my phone in my pocket.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

"To Jake's." I say and open the door. 

I knock twice on his door before it opens. He gives me a friendly face and waves.

"Hey." I say lowly.

"Hi." He says.

"I'm sorry to bother you but I need some company." I say.

"Liam leave?" He asks and I nod.

"We kind of broke up." I say not knowing if he even heard me.

"Oh. I'm sorry." He says confirming my doubts.

"Not because of anything bad, it's just been stressful so doing long distance isn't the best idea." I say. 

He nods and steps out of the door while grabbing his keys. I watch as he locks the door and begins to walk down the hall.