Team Rocket Gets Blasted Off Again

Start from the beginning

A low growl came from both her and Zoro's throats, baffled by the sheer heartlessness the thieves showed Pokemon. However, Zoro stepped back after a moment and reached toward his Pokeball. Zenith put a hand out to stop him. "It's okay, Zoro. This time, you and I will be the one to take down these villains. We haven't had a lot of time to battle recently, and I want you to be able to enjoy time outside your Pokeball." He nodded solemnly, with the ghost of a small smile present on his face.

Above them, she suddenly heard Fletchling let out a cry, meaning the fire bird finally found them. The sound seemed to draw Team Rocket's attention, since they all turned to look up at the sky. She motioned for Ash to follow her and Zoro.

They crept out from behind the trees while Team Rocket was distracted, relief crossing the faces of the captured Pokemon. Zoro used Dark Pulse to disintegrate all their bindings.

"Hey! That's the twerp and the twerpette! They freed their Pokemon!" Meowth exclaimed.

"Inkay, after them!" James commanded.

"You too, Pumpkaboo!" Jessie added.

Zenith frantically waved for Fletchinder to follow them as she ushered the group away from Team Rocket. "Go, find somewhere safe to hide!" Hawlucha took Noibat on its back since the hatchling was still unable to fly; Noivern and Fletchling took off to lead them anywhere they could hide out; Ash, Frogadier, and- after a moment- Zenith and Zoro followed from the ground.

Thankfully, they lost Inkay and Pumpkaboo as they weaved between trees, stumbling upon the cave that Noivern, Noibat, Hawlucha, and Fletchinder found. It was almost pitch-black, but Noivern and Noibat led them deep into it with ease thanks to their echolocation.

After a few minutes of waiting, Noivern and Zoro came over to Zenith with worried grunts. "What's up, you two? Is something wrong?"

An affirmative grunt.

"Is Team Rocket here somehow?"

Another affirmative grunt.

"Shoot, though I don't recall them having any way of seeing in the dark, so I hope they're pretty lost?"

Two- more upbeat- snickers.

"Alright, then let's show these guys who's boss. Noivern, take Fletchinder with you out the cave's back entrance and do the signal so the others can find us, and lead them to the front entrance when we drive Team Rocket out. Zoro- and Noibat," she added to the young hatchling, "-you two need to show Ash and me where the bad guys are so we can get them out, okay?"

Zoro grunted once more, while Noibat exclaimed its name quietly.

"You get all that Ash?"

He chuckled. "Yep! Pikachu, Frogadier and I are ready when you are."

"Good." Zenith heard the wingbeats as Noivern and Fletchinder left them. She pulled out her walkie talkie and spoke into it. "We found Team Rocket. Look for the signal. Over." Then Zoro took Zenith's hand and Noibat pulled Ash and Frogadier along, sensing their way around with enhanced senses and echolocation respectively, until the two stopped them.

From there, Zenith could hear the two people and their Pokemon, bumbling blindly through the cave and complaining loudly the whole time. As soon as she heard the telltale boom of the signal outside- most likely a combination of Flame Charge and Draco Meteor creating a bright explosion in the air- causing Team Rocket to whip their heads back toward the entrance.

"Now! Zoro, use Pursuit!"

"Frogadier, Bubble, and Pikachu, use Thunderbolt!" All at once, the attacks made their mark, hitting the group of ne'er-do-wells and knocking their earplugs out. "Now Noibat, Supersonic!" And that sent them fleeing back toward the entrance. Zenith, Ash, and their Pokemon raced after them, like Skiddo herding Mareeps.

Once Team Rocket blindly ran out the exit, a Psybeam and a Shadow Ball smacked them for even more damage- by their own Pokemon, no less!

And, once they finally recovered from all that, they realized they were surrounded by all the others that came from the flare, as well as Noivern and Fletchinder, who reunited with their trainers that emerged from the cave unscathed.

"OPEN FIRE!" Zenith cried jovially as the Pokemon all fired attacks, sending the criminal group flying into the air.

"TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAIN!" They cried as they disappeared into the faraway sky.

"Thank goodness for that," Zenith added with a sigh.

~

Thanks so much for all the support lately! It makes my day to see so many people reading and enjoying what I write!

Stay safe and goodbye for now,

Zenith