𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

I laid in my bed, restless and half regreting my decision to push Elias away. But I knew that it was better for both of us. Maybe I should just let Sofia have him all to herself. Although it may hurt me, I can't just be selfish and ward her away from Elias when I won't even take him for myself.

I groaned loudly into the empty room, in a attempt to release some of my frustration.

It was undoubtedly hard to walk away from him, the pleading in his face made it worse. But it had to be done and I hope he can realise that.

A soft knock on the door pulled me out of my intense thinking.

"Come in."

The door opened, revealing Maria.

"Hello sweetheart," she churped, walking into my room with a bright smile, "I heard about your little make out session with Elias, have you two done the dirty yet? Will I be having great grandchildren any time soon?"

I cringed slightly. I didn't want to tell her, to erase that delighted look off of her face, but I would have to.

I cleared my throat.

"Actually, I told him we can't be anything."

"You what!"

I cringed once again as her delighted look turned into shock and horror.

"It was for the best, I would just be another weakness for him," I rushed to explain.

Maria broke off into a string of her native tongue and by the way she was throwing her arms about and spitting out the Italian words as if they were spoiled food, it wasn't something good. In all honesty she looked scary and just this once I was glad that I couldn't understand what she was saying.

With a huff and a stomp of her foot she ceased her rambling, pointing a finger at me she spoke.

"You, sort your head out. You god damn know what you want and so does Elias! Now watch what will happen! I will give you two weeks to sort yourself out, if you haven't snapped out of this state I will have to come back and slap some sense into you!"

Her hands dipped into the leather bag she held on her shoulder, pulling out a clear jar with a yellowish substance in it.

"Here. For your sore muscles. Apply it once a day."

I reached out and took the large jar in both my hands.

"Thank you, Maria."

She waved it off, kissing my forehead as if I were a child.

"Now remember, sort your shit out before I have to come back and knock some sense into you."

I nodded, half-heartedly.

"Good, now get some rest." With that she left my room.

I looked down at the balm that was encased in the jar. It would be stupid to think that it could possibly stop the stinging in my chest, but in what I knew would be a futile effort, I discarded my top and unscrewed the jar lid, dipping my hand in to retrieve some of the balm before placing it where my heart laid underneath my skin.

• • •

I woke up before dawn, a surprise considering I went to sleep at midnight. However, the nightmare of Elias and everyone leaving me had plagued my sleep again, which was the cause of my awakening.

I showered, dressing into a black silk mini skirt and a bralette that matched the skirt. Leaving my hair out I headed towards the door in hopes of getting downstairs for an early breakfast.

I turned my head towards Elias's room as I closed my door. My heart and body froze when I caught sight of him in his all black suit. He too was just exiting his room.

I bit my lip as he caught sight of me, A chill spread down my spine when his cold eyes met mine before he looked straight ahead. His step did not falter when he strode straight past me, as if I wasn't even there.

My heart clenched making me bite down on my lip even harder.

You left him for a reason. I found myself repeating in my head over and over again.

I waited outside my door for what felt like ages before I made my way downstairs, towards the kitchen. Turning on the lights to the Kitchen, I walked in, jumping when I saw Sophia eating a bowl of salad by the fridge.

"Elia– Oh, sorry. I thought you were Elias."

I stared at her with wide eyes, my hands on my chest, trying to calm the eraric rhythm of my heart.

"You were waiting for Elias in the dark."

She giggled, "I was hoping I could scare him like the old days."

I hummed, walking to the fridge after I finally calmed down from my shock.

"Do you know what is strange."

"What?" I asked, really not interested in what she had to say.

"I found Elias's father locked in the garden shed the other day."

My head snapped to her.

"Did you let him out!?"

"Well obviously, what else was I supposed to do?"

This fucking bitch!

"And did he say anything?"

"I asked him how he got in there and he said that he accidentally locked himself inside, which is pretty hard to believe since the lock is on the outside."

What? He didn't tell her about everything that has happened.

"He honestly is still the sweetest father ever. Did you know that I used to be his favorite out of the four of us."

I scoffed, disguising it as cough a moment later.

Well, I guess she left sometime before Anna's death. I'm not sure whether that made her even more dangerous or if it left her at a disadvantage.

"Well, I heard you dropped Elias. Honestly that's amazing, now we can truly be sisters and get along." She placed her bowl on the counter and jumped on me before I could moved out of the way.

It would've been funny to see her dive into the fridge.

I glared at her as I tried to pry her off of me.

"Yeah, whatever," I said, finally managing to detach her from myself. A moment later my head snapped to Andre who had just walked into the kitchen with a grim look on his face.

"Whats wrong?" I asked, immediately.

"Elias is going to Tobias," he hissed.

My eyes widened. He wanted to visit the man that basically ruled over every mafia in the world!

"What! Why?"

"To try and set back the date of the ball."

"Well, are you going with him!?"

"He wants to go alone."

"Where exactly is he going?"

"England."

"Fuck," I hissed, running out of the kitchen and heading upstairs to my room. Feelings be damned, I would not let him walk into the lions den alone, without back up. Even if it was just little ol' me.

________________________________

Who loves Maria😍
#probablelifesaver

Imagine if Sofia and Grace become friends🤔
Is that even possible😂

Sorry for the late update xo