𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

I had chosen to lay in bed and have a sleep in today, seeing that they last few days had been pretty full on, and I still haven't even looked around the house yet.

The heat had intensified the past few days, making it more exhausting to move around the place. Many times I had contemplated swimming outside in the huge pool they have — like the kids have done — but I pushed the thought away when I thought about Elias seeing me in my bikini. The thought of it made my stomach clench together weirdly.

Today was the day Elias was going to buy the flowers the kids Vanessa and I had chosen. While Vanessa took the kids to see their grandmother, and like always Andre was stuck in his room sleeping and Mateo was locked away in his study.

Everyone had started to worry about Andre so Elias went up to go check on him, he came back down and said that he was working on something Elias had told him to do.

The door suddenly opened giving me a fright, I calmed down once Elias walked in.

I glared at him.

"A knock would be nice."

"Right," he said not really sounding like he paid attention to what I had just said.

He closed the door, "are you sure your going to be alright?"

I rolled my eyes, "I'm fine. Andre is here with me anyway."

"Still, my father..." He trailed off.

"I'm fine," I repeated.

He raked his hand through his hair making the wet strands fall over his forehead.

"Andre is here with me," I said once again, trying to lessen his worry. A blush formed on my cheeks when I thought about how he was actual worried about me but I banished those thoughts as fast as they came.

"You'll tell me if anything happens, right."

I nodded.

His eyes went to my wrist where it had been bruised by Luigi, now there was only a light bruising that wasn't very noticeable.

"Once again, I'm fine."

Reluctantly, he nodded.

"I'll be back soon."

I nodded.

He was hesitant as he left but I didn't pay much mind to it. I read a little longer from the book I had managed to squeeze in from New York, before I stood up and had a nice relaxing bath. Dressing in a white bikini, seeing that I may as well swim while Elias is gone. Over the top I dressed into a white mini skirt and a grey long sleeve turtle neck top, leaving my hair out.

I opened my door thinking this was the best time to wander around the house and explore. Walking down the stairs I rounded it and walked down the hall, I studied every bit of painting or furniture noticing how it was all very expensive and most of them being antiques.

I found myself getting lost in halls, walking around mindlessly. It wasn't long before I was standing at the bottom of a staircase noticing how dark and dusty it was, like it hadn't been used in years. I put two fingers on the rail and turned them around to inspect the two dust coated fingers.

My heart thumped in my chest, thinking about all the possible reasons why this place wasn't used. Sucking in a breath, I flicked the switch on the wall which turned on the chandelier above my head. I bit my lip hard as I took a step forward where I now stood on the first step of the staircase.

I almost jumped six feet high when a deep voice behind me spoke.

"I wouldn't go up there."

Whipping my head around my eyes locked on Mateo, who stood in a white and black suit, leaning against the wall casually.