𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

I only had time to pack a duffel bag. When that was done I ran downstairs, almost crashing into the twins.

"Grace!" They exclaimed in surprise.

"Sorry! Do you two know where Elias is?"

"Upstairs. Packing for his trip. We were just going to see him, do you want to come?"

"No, I'm good. One last question, what car is he taking?"

"Are you going too?"

"Im not supposed to be, so keep it quiet, okay."

They nodded furiously, their smiles beaming with joy of being entrusted with a secret.

"He's taking the black Audi."

"Thank you both, I'll make sure Elias and I are safe." With that I gave them each a kiss on the forehead before continuing my run to the garage.

My heart was beating erratically when I made it to the said car Elias was traveling in. A frown etched onto my face as I wondered how I possibly going to hide. Opening the car door to the back, my eyes found a very large suitcase.

How long was he planning to go for?

That question aside, I pulled the suitcase out and opened it, finding a range of different guns. Great, what was he planning? To shoot the damn mafia king?

I scanned the area of the garage, trying my best to find a place to hide the weapons I found. Biting my lip nervously I opened the boot of the car next to me before loading the heavy guns in. Once that was finished I chucked my duffel bag in before placing the suitcase flat on the back seats. I ran over to the wall that held numerous tools, rummaging through the shelves until I found a plastic zip tie.

I ran back to the car, jumping in and shutting the door. Getting into the suitcase was the easy part, attaching the zip tie to the zipper and closing the suitcase up was a bit more challenging.

My eyes bugged out when I heard male voices. Elias's and Andre's to be exact. The worst part was that the top of the suitcase was still opened.

Sweating, heavy breathing, heart thumping, hands shaking, I did my best to yank the zip closed. Their voices got dangerously close just as I managed to close the remaining gap, leaving open a small hole for me to have somewhat fresh air. I was also cautious to leave the zip tie on my side, so that I could get out any time.

"Look, all I'm saying is that maybe you can rethink this. I doubt Tobias will consider your proposal, the time the ball starts is an old tradition so he would have thought everything through before he decided. It's pointless going there!"

"Andre right now I don't need you along with everyone else nagging at my heels."

"And what about Grace? Think about what will happen if you don't come back?"

"Grace?"

"Come on Elias, I've known you since we were kids. It's obvious you like her."

I bit my lip, straining to hear more.

There was a long silence.

"I will come back. The plan is fool proof, the Valentinos won't be able to track us if I use my personal air strip, I go to England, talk to Tobias and come back. Simple... But if I didn't come back Grace wouldn't miss anything."

Somewhere deep in my chest I felt a twinge of pain, my teeth dug deeper into my lip as my head repeated his words in my head.

"I'll see you when I get back."

With that there was a sound of the car door opening before Elias sat in the drivers seat and the sound of the door closing. He sighed, long and deep.

Is this such a good idea? Maybe I should just get out of the suitcase now? He can handle everything just fine. And when he finally finds out that I'm with him, won't it stress him out further? We'll be all alone and... Oh God! We'll be alone. Together. Maybe I can't do this. Besides what help will I be? He'll probably lock me up in the room or something while he does the dirty business.

No.

I will help. And that is all I will be there for. Help. He and I are nothing, and it is for the better.

With a hushed quivering sigh I closed my eyes and readied myself for the journey ahead.

•••

The car ride was silent, eventually putting me to sleep. I only awoke when I began to be thrown about.

"Jesus! What is in this case?"

"Weapons, so be extra careful with it." I heard Elias hiss.

"Yes, sir. Sorry, sir."

I frowned. I wasn't that fat was I? A sudden urge to whack the man holding the suitcase over came me but I repressed that urge.

A few more minutes went by before I was settled into a stable setting. I groaned quietly as I tried to stretch out my cramped muscles as subtly as possible.

Time passed on slowly and particularly silently, aside from the motor of the plane. The numbing in my joints made me want to jump out of the confined place immediately, but I waited for the duration of the plane ride and the car ride.

Initially my plan was to surprise him when we made it to our destination but my stomach had other plans. A loud grumble sounded from the suitcase I was in, causing me to cringe and glare at my stomach.

I waited, silently, trying to hear a reaction from Elias, but none came. With a mental sigh I closed my eyes just as another furious rumble sounded from my stomach.

The car lurched to a stop, causing the suitcase to fall into the slim area between the back seat and the front seats.

"Ow!" the sound was out of my mouth before I could stop it.

There was a shuffle in the front seat before the suitcase was violently unzipped, revealing a furious looking Elias.

"Grace!"

I smiled at him innocently.

"Hey."

_____________________

Sorry for the extra late update!!!
This chapter was just a filler the real stuff happens in the next chapter😈

Btw feeling a little stressed lately. Spam the comments with love plz💗