𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲

Surprisingly, the hotel Elias had book himself into wasn't anything fancy. In fact, it was something that I would have paid for if I still worked at my previous job.

I frowned to myself as we walked into the lobby, scrutinizing the few people that loitered about. Although I knew it was impossible for the Valentinos to know our location it still made me paranoid being in such a public area, after all the last time I was in public I was almost killed in a Mall.

"Whats with the hotel? I thought you would choose something more... Expensive."

It was the first i'd spoken to him since my outburst in the car, and in all honesty his silence was staring to make me nervous.

"Getting used to living a luxurious life," he said coldly, in a voice so low that only I could hear.

"That's not what I mean," I snapped.

He ignored me, instead walking over to the reception area, leaving me to hurry after him. Once I stood next to him I eyed the receptionist, who was a fairly pretty looking young woman. I couldn't help but notice how she eyed Elias up like some kind of juicy meat.

"How can I help you sir?"

"I booked a room here, under the name of Harvey Holland."

My head snapped to Elias as he mentioned the fake name, my brow furrowing in confusion.

"Ah, yes, that was a room for one," she said with a stunning smile, but once her eyes darted to me her smile dimmed considerably.

"Yes."

"And is this your partner... If so–"

"No, she's my sister–" he looked down at me for a moment before facing the woman and giving her a handsome smile "–she's adopted."

My frown deepened. At of all things why did I have to be his sister?

"Right well, here is your key, your room is on the second floor, room 51. And if you need anything at all don't be scared to give the reception a call."

Damn, this woman reminded me too much of Sofia.

Elias gave her a small nod before walking off in the direction of the elevator. I stood still for a moment depaiting whether I should follow after him, after a few seconds I decided on taking the stairs, running off before Elias could catch me and scold me.

"Getting used to living a luxurious life," I mimicked Elias, stomping as I walked up the stairs. "How dare he even say that! Does he want to make me mad?" I huffed in frustration, glaring at the stairs as I made my way to the second floor. Once I made my way to my desired destination I found Elias waiting for me with his arms crossed and an angry expression on his face.

"Keep up, if your slowing me down there is no point of you being here."

I shot him a glare, keeping the string of curse words I so badly wanted to spit at him in my mouth. Elias ignored my glare, opening the door before walking in, leaving me to follow suit. It was safe to say, Elias stuck out like a sore thumb in his $300,000 suit.

"Remind me why you chose this hotel?"

"Because Harvey Holland isn't a billionaire."

"Your outfit says otherwise," I muttered as I walked to the Queen sized bed, it could easily fit the two of us, but i'd rather not choose that option. Today's event in the car was all the persuasion I needed to stop myself from such a reckless decision.

"Before you get any ideas, you'll be sleeping on the couch."

"What!"

"I didn't ask you to come, did I."