𝐎𝐧𝐞

"Violet," I hear my boss call in a thick Italian accent.

With hurried steps, I ran over to his office where he had his door open. I popped my head in to see the little fat man in his office chair, sitting behind his desk.

With a uneven exhale, I stepped into the room, not daring to move any further than the doorway.

"You wanted to see me, Mr Santiago."

He looked up at me, putting down the papers he was looking at.

"What are you doing over there? Hurry up girl, I don't like tardiness."

Biting my lip and fiddling with my fingers behind my back, I walked towards him, so I was standing in front of his desk.

"I need you to work overtime tonight."

"Wha-"

"I wasn't asking," he snapped, cutting off my response.

I didn't argue with his words, after all I was lucky to have this job.

"Will I be paid?"

He glared at me.

"I should be firing you for that stunt you pulled last week, but because I'm a nice person, I didn't. So be fucking grateful and don't ask any questions."

I clenched my fist together as I stared at him, my blood boiling. That 'stunt' I had pulled last week was actually my first accident, where I had slipped over a mopped area and broke four glasses of champagne. The area didn't even have a warning sign! And I got all the blame!

"Yes sir, sorry sir," I said with a sweet smile all while inside my head I was throwing daggers at his head.

He waved a dismissive hand in the air before looking back down at the papers on his desk. I stood a second longer, imaginging my fist connecting with his pudgy cheek before I walked out, let out a frustrated sigh.

I shook my head, reminding myself once again that I was lucky to have this job.

Hours passed and the last customer finally walked out off the restaurant, I let out a sigh of relief and sat down at the table the customers were sitting at a moment ago — my elbows resting on the table and my head bowed so my dark wavy hair fell around me like a wall, I closed my eyes as I rubbed my forehead trying to lessen the pain from inside.

The bell above the entrance door rung, indicating someone had walked in.

"We're closed," I called as I swung my head around to face the door.

I froze when I saw a tall tan handsome man dressed in an all-black suit standing by the entrance, power and dominance radiating off of him. I closed my mouth quickly when I realised I was staring with my mouth open slightly.

"I was just wondering where Mr Santiago is?" He asked, an Italian accent lacing his voice.

I stared at him for a few a seconds needing time to process that this Italian god was actually standing in front of me, before getting a hold of myself and answering him.

"Uh he just left, but maybe you could just catch him, he should be behind the shop."

He nodded at me with a blank face and thanked me in his deep voice before leaving the way he came.

"Holy shit," I breathed a little flustered, biting my lip.

After a bit of fantasising, I pushed all thoughts of him away knowing I wasn't ever going to see him again. I locked the restaurant up before getting my handbag and walking out the back door, looking down the dark alleyway as paranoia set in making my heart speed up.