Chasin' you - Morgan Wallen

It was just another Friday night and Morgan was completely alone. He had friends to call and maybe he could go to the city to spend a good night in a bar he liked, but if he was totally honest with himself, he knew that no bar in the city and all the drinks in the world couldn't change the feeling of loneliness he was feeling since you left.

He wanted to be able to call you to hear your voice, but he knew you probably wouldn't even answer the call, and he couldn't judge you for that because he had never given you all the love you deserved. And now you are so far away from there in LA. Morgan hated to think that you could be in the arms of another man. He knew that no one could ever love you as much as he loved you.

But now it was too late. He had broken your heart and you had cried and said you never wanted to see him again in your life. It broke his heart to remember when you packed your things and left without even saying goodbye.

Now it was just another Friday night and Morgan was alone. Completely alone.

He tried to occupy his time with the television and a bottle of whiskey, but even that didn't make him forget how much he missed you. He remembered all the nights you both spent on that couch together. The kisses you shared. The smell of the shampoo on your hair. The warmness of your soft skin.

Morgan sighed as he set the bottle down on the floor to look for a notepad and pen. Maybe if he wrote a song for you, you could hear it playing on the radio wherever you were in LA. He just wanted to tell you how much he misses you and that he could apologize million times, but that he could never stop loving you.

Chasing you like a shot of whiskey

Burning going down, burning going down

Chasing you like those goodbye taillights

Headed west to anywhere out of this nowhere town

Chasing that freedom, chasing that feeling that got gone too soon

Chasing that you and me, I only see in my rear view

Hell, I'm laying here tonight holding someone new

Still chasing you, still chasing you