You didn't - Brett Young

Almost is never enough... That's a hard truth to learn in life, specially when it comes to love. 

And for Brett, almost in love was not the same as being in love. He knew that very well.

He could never hate you for being honest about your feelings, but that didn't mean it didn't hurt. It's never easy to say goodbye, but why staying when it can only bring more pain?

Watching you still asleep in the bed, Brett went to the balcony, feeling the cold breeze of the morning in his face.

You deserved everything good in life... But Brett knew he was not the one for you.

He grabbed a pen and some paper and felt some tears forming in his deep blue eyes as he wrote some words. He was not brave enough to say goodbye to the woman he loves the most. So maybe leaving a letter would make it easy. You both needed to stop playing games with each other. And he knew it was never your intention to hurt his feeling, but you simply didn't fell in love as hard as he did.

His hands shook a bit as he started to write the note for you.

'I know you think this is your fault, but I can assure you it is not.' , he wrote. 

'I think your heart made up his mind a long time ago and there's no need to keep lying about it.  And I know you didn't need more, you just needed differently.'

Trying not to wake you up, Brett left the little note on your bedside, and he couldn't help but feel his heart breaking a little inside. He loved you so much and for so long, but he knew that almost was never enough.

"I guess I feel in love with you and you didn't...", he mumbled, watching you one last time before closing the bedroom's door, leaving your story behind.