We were - Keith Urban

Inspired by the song: "We Were" by Keith Urban

*****

Summer means long days and new adventures. You and your husband Keith love to just pack your things and drive for miles and miles with no defined destination.

The sun rays were warming your face as you looked at Keith beside you as he drove.

"Remember when you went to my house to ask my daddy if you could take me to that Def Leppard concert?", you asked and saw a smile on his face.

"And your father made sure I knew he had a shotgun ready if I ever broke your heart.", he laughed.

"You better don't break it.", you laughed too.

Keith was the best person you knew. He was kind, funny and was always worried about you. You could never ask for a better husband than him.

"Do you remember that night at Johnson's field when you whispered that you loved me for the first time?", Keith asked.

"You were afraid to confess you loved me, so I had to tell it first.", you said.

"I didn't know you felt the same as me.", Keith explained. "I never thought a girl like you could fall in love with me."

You looked at Keith beside you and smile.

"I am the lucky one here, believe me.", you said. "I love you Keith."

His eyes left the road for a couple of seconds to look at you.

"I love you (Y/N), so much."

Old memories from when you and Keith were young and wild kept you entertained for some hours. You talked about the Saturday nights downtown and the fake ID that Keith used to have. He remembered the first time he had dinner with your parents and when he asked you to marry him. 

"Honey, can you do me something?", he asks, still driving.

"Sure. What is it?"

"On the car door there's a CD's folder.", he says.

"Got it.", you grab it. "What CD do you want to play?"

"What about Def Leppard?", he suggests. "To remember that good old times."

You smile as Keith drums his fingers on the steering wheel on the rhythm of the song before you two sing along to the lyrics of a song that brought so many good memories.