Downtown is dead - Sam Hunt

Friends walk by and say "Hi" but they know I can't stay here anymore. The old bar is nothing but a place full of memories I want to forget. The music on the jukebox just reminds me of her, dancing around and taking my hand on the Friday nights we spent together.

"Sam, dance with me.", she used to say. And even if I didn't know how to dance I would do anything to see her smile.

Now I just wish I knew how to quit her... How to erase all this memories... But I haven't learned that yet.

Everywhere I go, a far away city on the coastline, looks more like home to me than this little town where all my friends (and her) live. The roads I used to ride are nothing but dust and painful memories when me and her used to drive around in my old red truck with the radio on with some country love songs.

I go to another bar and take another beer just to be alone for some time. And even when girls come around saying "Hi", I keep turning them down... They are not you... I guess I am losing my mind thinking about you every night in this ghost town since you left me. There's nothing I can do now to paint this ghost town red, when for me the downtown is dead without you. All these streets we used to walk are full of people but yet so lonely when I walk alone on a Friday night.

Another beer and the memories of you are alive inside me... Our first conversation when I asked to pay you a drink. I swear I only wanted to take your time. I remember that night when we drove just to see the planes taking off and the cops showed up. I never meant to get us in trouble but I swear that was one of the best nights of my life. I remember your kisses, the way your hand was made for me and the dates every night. Your favourite shade of red on the nails. 

And everybody told me that breaking up in a small town was terrible... I just never thought I would feel so alone. Now everything in this downtown reminds me of you. I see your friends all the time and they almost make a show trying to hide the fact that you have someone new. Was it easy for you to find someone new? Was I easy to forget?

Because now I walk this street drunk on the memories of you. And maybe when the sun comes up this morning I'll find the courage to ride away, just to see some new towns on the coastline.

" 'Cause now downtown is dead without you..."