Chapter 14- On solid grounds

Start from the beginning

"South southwest JJ! Hard!" My brother yelled ignoring the bad weather.

"960" I shouted looking back up as the dark grey clouds approached us. "1000 feet"

"Do you see it" Kie questioned Pope. He shook his head no but stopped when we saw it.

"No way" I said in disbelief.

"The royal merchant" John B said shocked. We all looked at eachother excited but that quickly faded when we didn't see any gold. We went through the boat 3 times nothing. The storm was picking up so we pulled the drone back in and went back to the dock.

"You staying here tonight" I asked JJ. We dropped Kie and Pope off on the way home.

"Nah, I think i'm gonna head home" He says. John b was tieing up the boat on the other side of the dock.

"Are you sure?" I questioned. I hated the idea of him going home.

"Yeah i'll be okay, you and John b need to talk" He says looking over to my brother. I nod my head

" Bye babe" He says giving me a quick kiss before getting on his motercycle and driving off.

"Hey" I say walking up to John b. "You gonna talk to me now" I question. He ignores me and walks around to finsih tieing up the boat.

"Talk to me please, you can't stay mad forever" I beg. John b looks at me and sighs.

"you're right I cant" He says making me smile a little but that quickly fades. "but I can't forgive you right now either" 

"John b" I say quietly as we start walking to the house. "I know you didn't want us together but we couldn't help it"

"Oh please" John b groans walking onto the porch.

"quit being such an *sshole" I snap at him.

"Oh i'm the *sshole" He says back at me walking inside and grabbing a box of cheerios off the kitchen table.

"Yeah you ar-" I'm cut off my a noise both of our heads snap to cheryl the social worker. John b walks close to me.

"Look cheryl kinda a bad time for a check in" I sigh annoyed with all this dcs crap.

"Oh it's not a check in we're here to take you" She says. My heart starts to beat fast as I look over to my brother. He grabs my hand and pulls me closer to him protectivly.

"We aren't going anywhere" He says with slight pannick in his voice.

"You can't make us" I add in. As I said that I feel a presence behind me.

"Kids this is deputy thomas" Cheryl says point to the large deputy behind us. My heart starts beating even faster. I don't want to go to fostercare. John b pulls me away from the deputy.

"Look I know uncle T is down in missippi working in a casino. He hasn't been here in months" Cheryl tells us. I look back at John b looks at me with the same look we're in trouble  

"What -no" I say trying to lie. John b gave me a nudge and we started to run, not letting go of eachothers hand. The deputy stood infront of us stopping us from leaving.

"No, see, thats my nightmare right there. Look I-I, we want emancipation." John b says his voice starting to show how worried he was.

"Emancipation from who? There's nobody here but the two of you" Cheryl says in a sweet tone which was complete bs.

"Asylum then" John B states looking around trying to find a way out of this.

"On what grounds" The social worker questions crossing her arms.