꧁chapter 32꧂

𝙴𝚕𝚒𝚣𝚊𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚑'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

I'm done packing my suitcases, ready to leave to The Bronx. It's a twenty minute drive, not that far so if I need to come home, I'll be close. My mother and Richard are having a getaway before he finally asks her to marry him. They're going to Las Vegas.

Francisco offered to drop me off at my aunt's house but my mom said they would drop me off because she wants to talk to my aunt about some things.

I kiss Francisco and promise to call him as soon as I settle in. He insists me to facetime him my whole ride there but I laugh and brush him off. He heads home and I head to The Bronx with my mom and Richard.

When I get to The Bronx, my aunt is already outside her house with her hands wide open for us. My mom embraces her first and then I.

"Honey, you look so beautiful with your clear face," she says as she places her hands against my rose colored cheeks.

"I'm taking a break from makeup," I smile.

"This is Richard," my mom says, as she interlocks her arm with his.

"Hello," he says as he reaches his hand out to shake hers.

"Wait," she stops him. "Is this Richy, from high school?"

"Oh yeah," my mom laughs, "you guys had met?"

"No but I remember you talking about him," my aunt laughs.

"G, shut up," my mom waves her off.

"What did she say?" Richard teases as he wraps his arm around my mom.

They look so beautiful together.

"Let me get Philip to help you with your luggage," my aunt says before running off to get my cousin.

"Are you going to miss me?" I look over at my mom.

"No," Richard says, before grinning.

"Yeah, I'm not going to miss you guys either," I laugh as I shove them.

"Hey," Philip says from behind me.

"Hey," I smile up at him.

He hugs my mom and says hi to Richard before grabbing my suitcases from the trunk and walking back into his house.

Richard heads back to the car as my mom tells my aunt to take care of me and that she hopes I behave, as if I'm going to wreck the house or something. She hugs me then leaves with Richard.

Philip says I can sleep in his room and he'll sleep in the living room. I didn't like the idea but he insisted so I finally agreed.

I ring Francisco to let him know I'm here and that I miss him, which I actually do. He says he doesn't miss me yet, which makes me frown but then he says he's joking.

I head downstairs to eat dinner with my aunt and Phillip. My uncle is working late tonight so I'll have to see him tomorrow. We eat beans and rice with tortillas. I haven't eaten this in months, since the last time I went to Pace's house. Phillip is saying how excited he is to go to college and how he's going to visit every holiday. My aunt says if he gets a girlfriend, that won't happen.

I offer to wash the dishes but my aunt says she's got it, so I head back to Philip's room and take a shower before bed. Once I'm done, I Facetime Francisco and he tells me that he hung out with the boys and played video games.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing why?" I confusingly ask.

"You look uncomfortable, or I don't know if it's the lack of lighting?" He frowns at me through the screen.

"Oh," I say as I grab my stomach, "I have pain below my tummy. I ate a lot. Maybe I have to poop."

"Okay weirdo," he laughs, "go poop."

"Maybe later," I shrug, "I want to talk to you."

We talk for about an hour, then I get really sleepy so he says we'll talk in the morning before he leaves to summer school. When I wake up, my stomach hurts way worse than last night. I go to the restroom and try to poop but I can't. I try making myself throw up but it only makes me hungry. I decide to go downstairs to the kitchen and serve myself some cereal. Maybe this food will push out what needs to get out.

My uncle walks into the kitchen and grabs an apple and a bag from the refridgerator.

"Hey pumpkin," he greets me, "you sleep good?"

"Yes," I smile, "thank you for letting me stay."

"You stay as long as you want," he pats my shoulder.

He leaves for work and I finish my cereal. Philip walks into the kitchen, groggy and messy hair.

"Good morning," I greet him as I wash my bowl and spoon.

"You're up early," he laughs, his voice raspy and unclear.

"I know, I had a weird stomach pain," I tell him.

"Maybe you were hungry," he says as I place the bowl back into the cabinet and the spoon in the drawer.

"Yeah, could be," I tell him. I head back into his bedroom and open my suitcase. I take out a pair of jeans and a white t shirt. I change clothes then comb my hair. I lay in the bed as I text Francisco so he can wake up.

I end up falling asleep again, waiting for him to text me back.

I wake up to my phone ringing. I answer his Facetime.

"Good morning sunshine," I smile.

"Hey," his voice is deep as he smiles and rubs his eyes.

"What are you doing today?" I ask.

"I'm going to Pace's house, Unique is-" Francisco is interupted by a knock on the door.

"Hold on," I tell him. "Come in!" I call out.

Phillip comes in.

"Hey sorry, I just need to get something," he says as he walks to his dresser.

"It's my cousin," I tell Francisco. "Okay, what were you saying?"

"Um, Elizabeth?" Philip says.

I turn around.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"I- um. I think you got your period," he says as he points at my jeans.

"What?" Francisco says through the phone. I stand up quickly and touch my behind. My hand is filled with blood and I suddenly feel lightheaded.

"My mom has pads," he says.

"No," I cry.

"Elizabeth!" Francisco shouts through the phone. "What's going on?"

"Elizabeth, what's wrong?" My aunt walks into the bedroom.

I let out a cry, somewhat a shout as I stare at my hand with the blood.

"Elizabeth!" I hear Francisco shout again, this time his voice cracking in a cry.

I feel my eyes roll back and shut as I fall back onto the ground.

Aᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's Nᴏᴛᴇ: hi this is the last chapter, but there's going to be a bonus chapter ..

sorry if you're mad at me.

- Bobbiewrites xo