25

Francisco's POV

"How the hell did you get in here?" My dad bursts into my room, glaring at Elizabeth. She leans in closer to me, then staring back at me with a worried expression on her face.

"I let her in," I lie, as I sit up and wrap my arm around her.

"Elizabeth," my father lowers his voice, "what are you doing here?"

"You told me to come see him," she says softly, as her bottom lip sticks out.

"I said, after school," he says as he steps in closer to us.

"I'm sorry," her voice is still soft. I've never seen her talk in such a low, scared voice before.

"You guys have finals next week," he says, "Francisco you've already missed four finals. You need to go school next week because it's the last week of school. You have to take all six exams."

"Alright," I nod.

"And for you Elizabeth, please go to school to take your last three exams," he says then smiles at her as she nods, then leaves my room.

"Your dad is scary," she says, as her eyes widen in a playful manner. I chuckle as I tighten my grip on her arm. "Hey, can I ask you something?"

"What's up?" I ask, as I stare at her little curious face.

"What happened between your parents?"

"My parents?"

"Yeah."

"My dad left my mom because he wasn't happy anymore," I shrug, as if it's nothing.

"Is that why your mom did all of those-"

I cut her off, not letting her finish her question.

"Yes Elizabeth, that's why but you know what, none of that matters because my dad has a whole other family and he seems very happy with them," I sigh.

"Whole other family?" She questions, "but I thought you guys lived alone."

"Nope, his step kids live here and his wife but they're visiting in Mexico for a while," I say, slouching lower into my bed, so I'm no longer sitting up, but laying down. Elizabeth copies my actions and is now, plopped up on her right elbow, staring back at me.

"So you haven't met them, at all?" She asks, as she runs her fingers up and down my cheek.

"No, but I know one of them is around my age and the other is like twelve," I grin at her.

"I didn't hear anything you said, your face is such a distraction," she smiles. I grab her face and kiss her intensely then let her go in a swift motion.

"You're pretty," I tell her.

"You too," she blushes. Her phones begins to ring loudly in her pocket, startling the both of us. She grabs the phone and slides her fingers across the screen.

"Hello?" She says, after a moment she speaks again, "I'll be on my way."

"What's up?" I ask.

"It's Tiff, she wants me to go with her to the store," she sits up, smoothing down her hair.

"Do you want me to drop you off?" I offer.

"It's fine, we're gonna walk," she says before she leans down to my level and kisses me.

"See you later," I wave her off.

"See you, pretty boy," she says as she opens my bedroom door and walks out.

Elizabeth's POV

As I walk down my street, I see Tiffany standing in front of my house. I hurry over to her, and she turns to look at me. Her eyes are low and her mouth is turned downwards.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

"Elizabeth," she sighs, "I think I'm pregnant."

"What?!" I gasp, "is it Quade's?"

"Yes, you goof. Who else's?" She shakes her head.

"Sorry," I say, "so you want to buy a pregnancy test?"

"Yes," she nods, "but I don't want to be embarrassed. Can you buy one too?"

"Sure, you want two to make sure?" I ask as we begin to walk away from my house, and to the bus stop.

"No, I want you to take one with me," she says.

"Tiff, I haven't had sex in a while and we're mostly always careful so I won't be pregnant," I shake my head.

"I know but I just don't want to be alone," her voice cracks, "I'm really scared."

I hug her as she sniffs into my shoulder.

"Don't cry, I'll do the pregnancy test with you."

When we get to the store, we get two pregnancy tests and a big bag of Hot Cheetos to celebrate when we aren't pregnant.

We go back to Tiffany's house and I open the small box fast as she stares down at hers with sad eyes.

"Tiff . . ." I say softly, "you can do it. I'm sure you aren't pregnant."

"But he came in me," she whispers.

"Let's do it so you're sure," I say, "and if you are, which you most likely aren't, there's always something you can do."

"Fine, I'll go in first," she says, as she walks into her restroom.

I wait for her to finish, as I hold the small stick in my hand. After she's done, I walk in.

I place the pregnancy test down on the other side of the sink and we wait on her bed for the results. She has her eyes closed as she takes deep breaths.

I, on the other hand don't really care. I know I'm not pregnant. I haven't gotten my period in a while but that's because I'm irregular.

"What am I going to tell Quade?" She begins to cry, "he's probably going to run for the hills."

"He is not going to run for the hills," I shake my head, "c'mon let's see."

She stands up from the bed and I follow behind her. She grabs her pregnancy test and takes in a deep breath before turning it over.

"I'm not pregnant!" She shouts in excitement.

"Yay!" I celebrate with her as we jump up and down.

I grab the bag of hot cheetos and open it, grabbing a hand full. She does the same then sits on her bed.

"Check yours," she says.

"I'm not pregnant," I chuckle as I walk to the restroom and grab the pregnancy test. I turn it around and feel my body elevate and my heart jump out of my asshole.

"Elizabeth?" she whispers.

"I'm pregnant," I stare at the pregnancy test, waiting for the word Pregnant to turn into Not Pregnant.

She doesn't say a word, but I can hear loud breathing. I nearly tell her to calm down but I realize it's coming from me.

"What am I going to tell Francisco?" My voice cracks. "He's going to run for the hills."

***

Author's Note:

This chapter is dedicated to my two stupid ass friends. One of them thought she was pregnant but she wasn't and the one that never expected it, is pregnant. GEEESH.

- Bobbiewrites