1

Lucas' POV:

"Hello," an arm shoves me.

I turn around and it's no other than Elizabeth, she's smiling widely. Huh. She's oddly cheerful on a Monday morning.

"Why are you so happy?" I ask her as we walk to the cafeteria together.

"Because I saw my report card last night and I have an A in math," she chuckles, proudly.

Wow.

"I have new classes now," I tell her as I grab a peanut butter and jelly sandwich from the cafeteria.

"Why?" She asks as she punches in her lunch number into the keypad.

"I don't know but I hope they aren't lame because I swear that I'll beat the shit out of the counselor," I joke as we walk to a random lunch table.

"You won't do shit," she teases as we sit down.

"Hmm," I pick up my orange juice as my attention is driven away from the voice in front of me. She grabs a green apple from her try and bites into it.

There's a very short girl across the cafeteria with another girl. Her arm is over her friend's shoulder as they laugh and walk to a table far from mine. Her eyes drift away from her friend and they land on me. She raises her thin eyebrow for a second before she grins and looks away.

"King?" A hand waves back and forth in front of me. I turn my attention to Elizabeth and she's furrowing her eyebrows in confusion as her upper lip arches in the corner.

"Sorry, what?"

"What are you looking at?" She questions as she turns her head around. She looks back at me and gives me a questionable stare.

"The girl in the jean skirt," I say as I scratch my head. She turns around again then looks back at me and smiles.

"Ray's sister?" Elizabeth asks before taking a bite of her sandwich.

"Who's Ray?" I ask.

"Captain of the football team," she laughs.

"Why is that funny?" I question.

"Dude, he will beat your ass if he sees you with his sister," she laughs even harder.

"What's her name?" I wonder as I look again at the captain-of-the-football-team's sister.

"I don't know and I don't care," she says as she stands up and tosses the rest of her breakfast away. "I have to go but I'll catch you later, King."

"Okay," I say as I keep my eyes on the girl. There's something about her and I just can't stop staring. "Where are you going?"

When I look up, Elizabeth is far away from me now, walking to the classrooms.

"What's up, baby girl?" I hear a familiar voice as he puts his hand on my neck. Pace.

"Hey pussy," I greet him back as he sits next to me.

"Dude my mom woke me up this morning with fucking Pitbull," Pace shakes his head as he rolls his eyes and slides his hand through his hair.

"You got a dog?" I ask before taking a bite of my sandwich.

"Nah," he laughs and shakes his head, "he's an artist."

"I don't know him," I mumble as I shrug.

"I know," his eyes widen as he nods his head, "he's a Spanish rapper."

"Oh," I say as I take another bite of my food.

"Well, he's a pop singer but he's labeled as a rapper," he continues, "he's really talent-less but his music is catchy."