30

Francisco's POV

"Mom," Elizabeth sighs, "I'm pregnant,"

"Elizabeth," her mother says, "I am so disappointed in you."

"Abby," Richard says as he stands behind her, and puts his hands on her shoulders.

"It's not all on her," I say as I stand up, "it's my fault."

"Yes, it is your fault!" Her mother shouts as she points at me.

"Mom," Elizabeth gasps from behind me.

"It's okay," I tell her, "she has every right to be mad at me."

"You did this to her," Abigail motions to Elizabeth, "you got her pregnant. Do you realize how badly a child messes up your life?"

"Abigail," Richard says as he steps next to her and slightly glares at her.

"Mom, we know what the consequences are and no, we aren't ready but we'll figure things out," Elizabeth says as she stands up and grabs my hand. Richard and Abigail stare down at our interlocked fingers as I squeeze Elizabeth's hand for support.

"If you think I'm going to help you with this, you are out of your fucking mind," her mom says before running upstairs and leaving Richard and us in the living room.

Richard stares at us sympathetically before following Abigail to her room. I turn around and see Elizabeth crying quietly. I hug her and she sobs into my chest as I stroke her hair.

"It's gonna be okay," I whisper in her ear, "we'll figure things out on our own, if we have to."

After about an hour of Elizabeth and I, eating silently she tells me that she wants to go to bed. I ask her if she wants me to be with her but she dismisses me, saying that she doesn't want her mother to make it worse on me and end up kicking me out. I agree that it's for the best and I head home.

May 24th, Sunday 1:26am

I'm woken up with shouting from downstairs. I rub my eyes as I sit up and turn on my desk light.

"Francisco!" I hear my father shout. I jump out of bed and run downstairs, twisting my ankle and hitting my shoulder against the wall.

"What?!" I shout then see my dad standing by the door. I approach him and peek outside.

Quade, Ian and Pace are sitting on the porch but the tears on Quade's face is what makes my heart drop.

"Quade," I say as I run passed my dad and sit down in front of him.

"We need a favor," Ian says.

"Anything," I respond.

"We need to go to the hospital," Quade cries.

"What's wrong?" I reach out and grab his shoulders.

"We'll tell you later, just take us," Pace says.

"Wait, where's your cars?" I ask Quade and Pace.

"I can't drive in my condition," Quade sniffs as he motions to himself.

"Matthias took the car," Pace rolls his eyes.

"Alright let's go," I say as we stand up. I turn around and my dad is still standing in the doorway.

"Hi," he says.

"Are you going to take us?" I ask.

"Go put on some pants," he says. I stare down and didn't realize I was in my boxers.

"Right," I say as I run inside.

Once I'm dressed in my black pants and my black hoodie, I join my dad and my friends outside the house. I lock the door behind me and then get into the passenger seat.