Chapter 27

Elizabeth's POV

"Francisco please just come over," I whine through the phone.

"Okay, I just came to get some tacos," he says, "do you want some?"

"Sure," I smile although he can't see him.

"How many?"

"Four."

"Four?" He gasps.

"Yes Francisco, also don't put onions or salsa on it," my stomach begins to grumble loudly.

"Fine. I'll get you a mango drink too," he says.

"Thank you," I smile once more before he ends the call.

I put my phone in my back pocket then I grab my three pillows and toss them on the floor. Richard and my mom got me new pillow cases and bed sheets. These black ones are too old and I need to change my room. I'm tired of the dark look in here. It looks like the girl version of Francisco's bedroom.

I pull the sheets off and toss them to the side. I open the bag where my new sheet is and it's a light purple with dark pink stripes. I put it on my bed and smooth it out. Then I grab the matching pillow cases and put them on. I put them on my bed then lay down. Tomorrow I should get Richard to paint the walls when I'm gone.

After about half an hour, Francisco arrives with a bag and two drinks in his hands.

"Sorry, I ended up going to Starbucks to get you a strawberry açaí because they didn't have any more mango drinks at the taco place," he hands me my drink.

"It's fine, thank you," I smile then kiss his cheek, "how are you feeling?"

"Why are you being so nice?" He chuckles as he opens the bag of food.

"Because you brought me food," I grab my plate of tacos.

"Did you change your sheets?" He looks down at my bed.

"Yes, so don't dirty them please," I say as I take off the plastic on the plate and begin to eat a taco.

"Why didn't you want salsa?" He asks with a mouth full of beef taco.

"I don't know," I mumble before taking a sip of my drink.

"Hmm," he shrugs, "weird."

We continue to eat our food, talking about finals and how he passed all of his classes with C's and B's. I also passed all my classes with A's and B's. He also adds something about Tiffany making Quade and Ian argue. He doesn't leave out that Tiffany mentioned taking a pregnancy test. Which for a second scared me because now Quade probably knows I'm pregnant but I'm going to tell Francisco today so it doesn't matter if he knows.

"So, why did you want me to come over?" Francisco asks as he tosses our trash in my little trash can.

"Hold on," I stand up and leave my bedroom. I head downstairs and go into the kitchen. I grab a hamburger bun and put in the oven. If he doesn't get it, then that's his issue. Not my fault my baby daddy is stupid.

"Francisco!" I shout. "Come to the kitchen!"

He comes down and shakes his head.

"Why couldn't I just come down with you?" He laughs.

"Okay shut up and listen to me," I say as I grab his face and make him look into my eyes. "I know we're not dating but I know, I just know that I like you so much and I know you like me too. These feelings have been avoided for a while but no more, Francisco."

"Hey," his eyes soften, "what's wrong?"

"It's time for us to grow up, for real," I say.

"Well, I know but what's going on?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"Look over there," I point to the oven. He walks over to it and stares at it.

"What?" He looks back at me.

"Open it," I say. My heart begins to beat so fast. Knees weak, arms are heavy . . . okay.

He opens it and looks at the bun.

"Grab it," my voice is shaky.

He does and starts flipping it in his hands.

"What about it?" He stares at it.

"What is it?" I ask, as I lean over the counter cause I'm scared I'm going to fall over.

"A bun?" He chuckles.

"Where was it?" I chuckle of nervousness.

"The oven?" He looks down at the oven in confusion.

"Mmhmm," I nod, "say it."

"A bun in the oven?" He still looks lost then his eyes widen as his mouth falls open, dropping the bun. There's a scary silence, then . .

"ELIZABETH!" He shouts. "You're fucking lying!"

I can't even speak, I just shake my head.

He shrieks then jumps up and down before he runs over to me and lifts me up, making me laugh loudly as I nearly bend over his back.

"Yes!" He shouts as he jumps, still holding me.

"Francisco, put me down," I laugh.

"It's mine right?" He smiles widely.

"Yes you dumb ass," I giggle.

He hugs me, as in really hugs me. It's a tight hug that feels warmer than fire. I tear up as I wrap my arms around his torso and lean my head into his chest. I feel him vibrate against me as he stokes my hair.

"I love you," he says into my hair. I sob into his chest as we hug each other tighter. I cannot believe he just said.

"I love you," I repeat into his chest.

He lets me go, as his red eyes stare back at me and he wipes away my tears. I wipe away his tears as well then pull him and kiss him.

"Thank you," he says in between our kiss.

"Why?" I ask.

"You've just given me the most precious gift I can ever ask for."

"You did too," I smile up at him.

"I'm seventeen years old and you're sixteen," he whispers, "what will people say?"

"Does it matter?" I furrow my eyebrows. "This is our life, not there's. It's me and you, and this baby from now on."

"You're right," he nods. "No one's opinion matters but ours."

"Exactly," I smile.

"So this is why you didn't want salsa?" He laughs.

"Yeah," I nod.

"Wait," he says. "Did you take that pregnancy test with Tiffany?"

"I did," I nod.

"So that's why she was so mad," he says, more to himself than me.

"My mom doesn't know but I'll tell her soon," I sigh.

"Okay let me know when you tell your mom so I can tell my dad," he smiles.

"Uh uh sir," I shake my head, "we're going to tell them together or else they'll think you aren't responsible."

"Right," he frowns.

"Thank you for not freaking out and leaving," I hug him.

"I could never," he shakes his head, "a pregnancy takes two people. It was my sperm anyways, why would I leave?"

"Thank you," I say as he laughs and hugs me tightly once more before we head back to my bedroom and talk about when we should tell our parents.

***

Author's Note: I don't know if you guys expected Francisco to be scared but I wanted him to be happy about it. ALSO, sorry I took so long to update AND sorry it's a short chapter. I kinda just wanted to get it out of the way.

Thank you for reading <3

- Bobbiewrites x